Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Puppy Love: Michael Sheen

I have decided to be in love with Michael Sheen this week. For some reason, seeing the fantastic, versatile, fun, adorable actor at the Oscars this year threw me into a fit of rapture and adoration. Almost weeping tears of joy, I exclaimed to my fellow tv watchers "It's Michael Sheen! Michael Sheen! I love him!" None of them cared at all, so in a fit of self-indulgence I am going to celebrate him briefly with this post (I cannot wait to see him in Tron!).

Not only is he super cute, charming, and a beautiful actor but he makes following his career quite an enjoyable romp, going from serious dramatic films to imaginative, scifi films. And he makes all of the random characters majorly attractive.

For example, he rocks the dated hair as suave David Frost in Frost/Nixon:




















He, of course, places Aro in New Moon. Here he is being an awesome dad at the premiere:





















But he has also played Tony Blair in three different films, most notably of course, The Queen:














and the classy (but so passionate) Lucian from Underworld. What a dreamboat!





















And I cannot forget his terrific, flamboyant, snobby, yet tragic Miles from one of my favorite films, Bright Young Things (which I think might warrant its own post one of these days). Here he is with another of my puppy loves, Stephen Campbell Moore (and Fenella Woolgar).

In addition to being all the various sorts of stupendous he is, he is also really really funny. If you love him anywhere near as much as I do, check him out on the Graham Norton Show and fall in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment