Sunday, May 12, 2013

Compliments, after a week of definitely no compliments

I had a really lousy week at work this week where I felt undermined, disrespected, and treated very unfairly.  I am feeling pretty demoralized about the whole thing, I came across this video (via TWLOHA) and it made me emotional and ultimately feel a little better.

I guess people CAN still be nice and considerate, and treat each other with kindness and respect.


Although, I always wonder, what do people say to each other after they have had moments like this?  'Thanks' seems a bit understated.  Does it dramatically alter their lives and relationships, or do they just go about their business as if nothing really that special happens?  I never know what to do with myself when people effusively compliment me.

No comments:

Post a Comment