Monday, September 7, 2015

Progress Report: Week 3

Here we are three weeks in already!  I have got to get cracking on these!  I don't think I've made too much progress on any of these.  But let's see . . .

1. Get passport & travel to Canada - No Progress

2. Take a dance class (not ballet) PROGRESS!
I signed up for a hiphop dance class!  Starts this upcoming week.  I'm pretty nervous about it, but also excited!

3.  Find a new doctor - No Progress

4.  Make a short film - No Progress

5.  Make an anthology of my Grandma's poems & writings - No Progress

6.  Read 5 of these intellectual/feminist books: The Second Sex, Lean In, To the Light House, The Beauty Myth, Reverence to Rape, Sister Outsider, How to Be a Woman, Americanah - No Progress
I need to finish Beauty Myth! I find it very interesting but it is hard to read quickly.

7.  Learn to do a Tarot reading - No Progress
I need to buy a book to learn from so I don't have to keep checking the same one out of the library over and over again and getting fines!

8.  Read 4 of these unfinished reads --- Story of B, Ode Less Traveled, Anna Karenina, Jim Henson: The Biography, Snobs by Julian Fellows, Bird Cloud by Annie Proulx, Savage Beauty (biography of Edna St. Vincent Millay) - PROGRESS!
I finished Snobs!  Didn't enjoy it as much as I expected.  And I'm about 60 pages into Bird Cloud.

9.  Watch these 15 movies:  Noah, Rush, The Apartment, Maleficent, Sweetie by Jane Campion, Hateship Loveship, Easy Rider, Dirty Dancing, Maidentrip, Laggies, Dear White People, Frida, Saving Mr. Banks, Carousel, Across the Universe - No Progress

10.  Watch these 10 British movies/miniseries: The Riot Club, God Help the Girl, Pride, Calvary, Nowhere Boy, Birdsong, Parade's End, Archipelago, The Selfish Giant, Orlando - No Progress

11.  Plan speaker series on digital activism for work - No Progress

12.  Put together a collection of poetry & get one poem published - No Progress

13.  Finish writing a film script - No Progress

14.  Pay off another of my student loans - No Progress

15.  Create postcards with art or photos from family members or friends - No Progress

16.  Make scrapbook for 2015 - No Progress

17.  Keep blogging & Write a post for a professional blog - No Progress

18.  Go to 3 film festivals - No Progress

19.  Learn more about car maintenance - No Progress

20.  Do more music stuff - PROGRESS!
I played the piano once every week so far.

21.  Learn to use a sewing machine - No Progress
My mother said that she would get me sewing lessons, but we need to sort out when this will happen.

22.  Minor financial task I've been putting off - No Progress

23.  Do a freelance/volunteer video project - No Progress

24.  Write an essay on Snow White & the Huntsman - No Progress

25.  Make decent New Year's Eve plans (while still mainly avoiding drunk people) - No Progress

26.  Get my elbow sorted out (it hurts frequently) - No Progress

27.  TBD - No Progress

Bonus Goals
  • Make postcards from my photos - No Progress
  • Get something tailored - No Progress
  • Buy a new laptop - No Progress
  • Take PR classes - No Progress
Progress on 3/27 (0 Bonus Goals)

No comments:

Post a Comment