Monday, November 20, 2017

29 Thingst: Week 12

Still been slacking off.  Trying to figure out how to be more productive at home after work!  Where does the time go in the evening?  Also, trying to cut back majorly on my binge watching of tv.

1. Work on my poetry (Poetry Journal) - year round

TINYPROGRESS - Drafted several new poems

2. Lose weight - year long

No Progress

3. Learn rudimentary Spanish - year long

No progress.

4. Make a film of some kind each month (outside of work) - year long

No progress.  I have an idea for what I want to do, I just keep forgetting to make time for this!

5. Actually do my blog post each month - year long

No progress.

6. Do a really good job at my mentoring program! - year long

TINY PROGRESS - I completed some of my tasks and am catching up.  I had a really good conversation with my mentor and am going to see her again at the end of the month.

7. Watch These Movies:

PROGRESS.
  • The Butler (Sept)
  • As Good As You (Oct)
  • Spirited Away (Nov)
  • La Dolce Vita (Dec)
  • I Am Not Your Negro (Jan)
  • Wild (Feb)
  • Daughters of the Dust (Mar)
  • Imitations of Life (April)
  • Song of the Sea (May)
  • Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee (June)
  • Carol (July)
  • Patti Cakes (Aug)

8. Read Books That I Own:

TINYPROGRESS. I've started up with Savage Grace again.  I still have 160 pages left, so not sure if I will actually finish it before December, but we shall see!
  • Girl with a Gun (Sept)
  • How to Not Be a Boy (Oct) - FINISHED
  • Savage Grace (Nov)
  • Too Fat, Too Slutty, Too Loud (Dec)
  • All the Single Ladies (Jan)
  • Women In Clothes (Feb)
  • The Beauty Myth (April)
  • We Were Feminist Once (June)
  • Peter Pan (July)
  • Swamplandia (Aug)

9. Finish my audiobooks

PROGRESS! - I finished Vile Bodies which was much shorter than I thought.  I'm rather close to finishing the Forgotten Room, but I don't really like it that much.  It's very predictable so I feel like I already know mostly how it is going to end which is making it hard to finish the last 4.5 hours!
  • The Invention of Nature (Sept)
  • Dear Fatty (Oct)
  • Ghost, Edith Wharton short stories (Nov)
  • Vile Bodies (Jan)
  • The Forgotten Room (Dec)
  • The Feminine Mystique (Feb)
  • Dancing in the Street (June)

10. Set up a scrapbook for the year - (Sept)

No Progress

11. Change a tire - (Nov) COMPLETE


12. Go see Spectacular Gems exhibit at Hillwood - (Nov) COMPLETE!


13. Get passport (By Dec)

No Progress

14. Send Christmas cards (Dec)

No Progress

15. Get new art framed (Dec)

No Progress

16. Get something tailored (Jan)

No Progress

17. Have closet clear-out, get rid of stuff!!!! - (Jan)

No Progress - I really need to figure out a day to take my stuff to the consignment store.

18. Learn two of the suits of the minor arcana (one set by Feb, one set by Aug)

No Progress -  I've really slacked off with my tarot practice.  I often don't get around to it until late at night and I don't have the proper energy left.  Also I had to reset my phone so I lost all my progress on the apps I've been using to learn new suits.

19. Get a new doctor (By Feb)

No Progress.

20. Go to the dentist (By March)

No Progress.  I should set up an appointment for January.

21. Cook a roast or chicken/turkey (By May)

No Progress

22. Do a ghost tour in Baltimore (June)

No Progress

23. Finish Grandma’s poetry collection (July)

No Progress

24. Sort out pension (By July)

No Progress

25. Learn the history of India

No Progress

26. Learn more about starting a business (proprietorships, LLCs, liability & taxes)

No Progress

27. Write a first draft of something creative (Aug)

No Progress

28. Go see Jim Henson exhibit at MoMI

No Progress

29. Go to the theatre 4 times

PROGRESS - I went to the theatre in Princeton to see 1 act plays about the history of slavery and Princeton University.

Bonus Goals:

  • Get t-shirt quilt made 
  • Go on a Have You Met Newark? tour 
  • Plan a trip to Newport 
  • Visit Paterson
  • See the Lion King
  • Reread a classic like The Return of the Native or My Antonia
  • Do a sewing project

Total: 

Progress on 6/29 Goals and 0/7 Bonus Goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment