Monday, February 5, 2018

29 Things: Week 23

How did I do this week?

1. Work on my poetry (Poetry Journal) - year round

TINYPROGRESS - I scribbled down a few new things and edited a few older ones.

2. Lose weight - year long

TINYPROGRESS  - I dragged myself back to the gym!  I tried out a new fitness class that involves banging sticks on the floor! It was actually much harder than I thought it would be!

3. Learn rudimentary Spanish - year long

No progress.

4. Make a video of some kind each month (outside of work) - year long

No progress.

5. Actually do my blog post each month - year long

PROGRESS - I did my post for January.


6. Do a really good job at my mentoring program! - year long

TINYPROGRESS: I've been preping for my next meeting with me mentor (this upcoming week!).

7. Watch These Movies:

PROGRESS. Watched Daughters of the Dust.
  • The Butler (Sept)
  • As Good As You (Oct)
  • I Am Not Your Negro (Nov)
  • Carol (Dec)
  • Daughters of the Dust (Jan)
  • Wild (Feb)
  • La Dolce Vita (Mar)
  • Imitations of Life (April)
  • Song of the Sea (May)
  • Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee (June)
  • Spirited Away (July)
  • Patti Cakes (Aug)

8. Read Books That I Own:

PROGRESS!  Major major progress! I finally finished Savage Grace--- after like 3 years of trying and 3 attempts!  Hooray! Now I am free to move on!  I am about 20 pages into Too Fat, Too Slutty, Too Loud. Maybe I will catch up with my reading--- only 2 whole books behind!
  • Girl with a Gun (Sept)
  • How to Not Be a Boy (Oct) 
  • Savage Grace (Nov)
  • Too Fat, Too Slutty, Too Loud (Dec)
  • All the Single Ladies (Jan)
  • Women In Clothes (Feb)
  • The Beauty Myth (April)
  • We Were Feminist Once (June)
  • Peter Pan (July)
  • Swamplandia (Aug)

9. Finish my audiobooks

TINYPROGRESS - I've listened to another hour of The Feminine Mystique.
  • The Invention of Nature (Sept)
  • Dear Fatty (Oct)
  • Ghost, Edith Wharton short stories (Nov)
  • Vile Bodies (Jan)
  • The Forgotten Room (Dec)
  • The Feminine Mystique (Feb)
  • Dancing in the Street (June)

10. Set up a scrapbook for the year - (Sept)

PROGRESS! - I made another entry into my 2018 scrapbook!

11. Change a tire - (Nov) COMPLETE


12. Go see Spectacular Gems exhibit at Hillwood - (Nov) COMPLETE!


13. Get passport (By Dec) COMPLETE!!!


14. Send Christmas cards (Dec)

😖

15. Get new art framed (Dec) COMPLETE


16. Get something tailored (Jan)

No Progress

17. Have closet clear-out, get rid of stuff!!!! - (Jan)

PROGRESS - I took a load of stuff to a consignment store, and I've got a bag of stuff to donate to the local high school.  I am just have trouble finding time to drop it off during school hours

18. Learn two of the suits of the minor arcana (one set by Feb, one set by Aug)

No Progress.

19. Get a new doctor (By Feb)

No Progress.

20. Go to the dentist (By March)

No Progress.

21. Cook a roast or chicken/turkey (By May)

No Progress

22. Do a ghost tour in Baltimore (June)

No Progress

23. Finish Grandma’s poetry collection (July)

TINYPROGRESS - I dug out my materials to work on this again.

24. Sort out pension (By July)

No Progress

25. Learn the history of India

No Progress

26. Learn more about starting a business (proprietorships, LLCs, liability & taxes)

TINYPROGRESS - I found an online course to take.

27. Write a first draft of something creative (Aug)

No Progress

28. Go see Jim Henson exhibit at MoMI

No Progress

29. Go to the theatre 4 times. 2/4

PROGRESS - I went to the theatre to see a play!  I didn't like it.

Bonus Goals:

  • Get t-shirt quilt made 
  • Go on a Have You Met Newark? tour 
  • Plan a trip to Newport 
  • Visit Paterson, NJ
  • See the Lion King
  • Reread a classic like The Return of the Native or My Antonia
  • Do a sewing project

Total: 

Progress on 12/26 Goals and 0/7 Bonus Goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment