Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Photogsnazzy: A Tree, No More

Trees are very beautiful.

Even without their leaves in the beginning of winter this year, I keep on being surprised by how beautiful the trees are in the early morning, late at night, during sunset, in the rain, in the fog, all the time!  I find myself writing poetry about trees many times a week as I drive to work.

Sadly (or perhaps happily) by the time I actually get to work and can write my musings down, I've forgotten them.

My parents cut down two of the trees in our yard this summer.  As relieved as we all were not to have to worry about them falling on our house/cars during the Hurricane, I will miss them, especially the one outside my window.

No more will I be able to watch its bright leaves rolling back and forth in the breeze or being flattened in a windy gale or dancing against a backdrop of tumultuous dark thunder clouds.

I took this picture of the tree from my window last autumn, not knowing it would be our last together.


2 comments:

  1. :( I too love trees. The tree right outside my condo/bedroom window is a pain with leaf clean up, thankfully that's what the condo people do, so I don't even have to worry about that. :P

    I miss the leaves, now with winter and snow here. Though the way snow sticks to the branches after a nice sprinkling is really photogenic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I share in all your musings. Trees are a living miracle upon our planet.

    I am privileged enough to live where leaves can fall, be loved for the beautiful carpeting created and how they nurture the earth. Unfortunately, I had to have amazingly majestic, old trees around my home removed for safety as well. A painful day & memory.

    ReplyDelete