Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Least favorite Golden Globes gowns.

1.  Reese Witherspoon's outfit was snoozeville for me.  Giant blonde hair.  Red dress. Yes.  We've never seen that before.  (In her defense, it is at least generally flattering to her body shape, so I guess it could be worse).


2.  Ditto Rooney Mara's dress.  BORING.  What? Girl w/ Dragon Tattoo wearing black with revealing neckline? No. way.  (However, her make up is very pretty.)


3.  Natalie, letting me down with this heap of pink.


4.  Jessica Biel is one of the most beautiful women in the world.  I don't know why she tried to disguise herself in this poorly-fitting dress with its horrible frumpy top.


I also don't understand why she didn't wear this (from Easy Virtue)


or dance like this with Colin Firth on the red carpet


but moving on . . .

5.  Maybe my dislike for Lea Michele is just speaking, but, really?

Ok, actually this probably is just my bias speaking, because the more I think about it, the dress is very pretty.  I just object to Lea Michele slinking around in it purring like she is supposed to be on the cover of Vanity Fair.  Not that I was actually there to testify that that is what she was doing.

6. Julie Bowen, I have nothing against you, except this dress!

7. Wow! I hated less than I thought I did! I guess that's a good thing!

In the danger zone:
Kate Winslet, just because I have higher expectations of her.
Amy Poehler
Freida Pinto
Heidi Klum (ok I know she is like this fashion maven, but I seriously hate everything she wears, except perhaps her Halloween costumes.)



No comments:

Post a Comment