Saturday, January 14, 2012

Vicarious Earrings Collection: Rain or Shine Earrings

I don't have my ears pierced and I really have no interest in getting them pierced.  I'm not a huge fan of puncturing my body generally speaking, so I've decided to opt out as much as possible. 

A friend of mine actually asked me to help her put in some earrings once and it actually made me feel queasy.

But that doesn't mean I can't appreciate earrings!  Actually, I often see earrings and really love them and think they are gorgeous works of art.

Unfortunately, the ears-pierced gals I know usually don't like the earrings I like so I can't even have the satisfaction of buying cool earrings and giving them to other people.

I've decided to catalog a vicarious earrings collection as a proxy to the earrings collection I would have if I had the money and the extravagance to collect the random earrings that I like but refuse to wear, and when I'm old could bequeath to a great-granddaughter when the earrings had come back in style.

Item 1:  Rain or Shine Earrings

These are pretty.  And they also exist in pink!




2 comments:

  1. those kind of remind me of lightsabers

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the way those hook on the ears. Pretty! I too don't have pierced ears, no plan in the near future to get them pierced. I figured, I have no inner desire, then why do it just because I can?

    ReplyDelete