Thursday, March 29, 2012

Songs this week.

Sometimes I can't concentrate.  A bit of noise helps.  Music also helps you get your mind off how boring your life is and how your job is lousy.  It also prevents you from dwelling on how much you hate New Jersey drivers when you are stuck in completely unnecessary traffic.

For a complete pop immersion:
Primadonna
I love Marina and the Diamonds.


For when you are really mad at how everyone else is ruining your life, and want to celebrate how awesome you are:
Do My Thing
Um.  Self-explanatory.  Just listen.


Always, apparently:
High Hopes
I've been randomly addicted to Paolo Nutini.  Seriously listening to him non-stop, waiting to get sick of him, and not getting sick of him.  This song cheers me up loads.


I know, he looks like he is doubling over in agony when he sings, but whatever.  It seems to work really well.

And just to give you an overdose, I love driving to this song.  I feel like I'm in the opening of an indie movie.


For a maniacal laugh:
Bird Song
I know its a little macabre and freaky, but I love this song so much.  I think the story she tells is so funny.  The stupid, power-tripping bird sure gets what's coming to him. And then she does too.  Suckers!


When you are not paying attention:
Out on the Town
I had fun. on in the background and suddenly realized that this song was growing on me.




When you are doing work schedules for your students/have been poisoned by Lana Del Rey:
Dreamy Old New England Moon
I was listening to Lana Del Rey while doing some confusing scheduling and it made me really stressed out and unexpectedly wiggy.  So I prescribed myself some smooth, calming Dean Martin.

To unwind:
Sweet Bride
I keep hearing Kate Rusby on soundtracks in small British films and tv shows and I really love her.  So far my favorite has been "Sweet Bride."  I have yet to listen to her most well-known album, Awkward Annie.



For crying:
The Unquiet Grave
Rusby again: "The Unquiet Grave" is tragic and great from when you are emotionally unstable and may make you unexpectedly burst into tears.



To just be happy:
Oh Boy
That last one is a bit of a downer, so I've also been listening to cheery "Oh Boy" by She & Him.





No comments:

Post a Comment