Monday, July 22, 2013

Financial Investment Year?

This year has unfortunately been the year when I've needed to replace a lot of stuff . . . the kind of stuff you know that you will eventually need to another one of or grow out of or will wear out . . . but it's been a bit rough on the ole wallet.

So far I've had to get new:
- tires
- professional pants (don't fit in/worn out the old ones)
- gym pants & shorts
- sneakers
- glasses (really really need to get new glasses.  Can't squeak by on my prescription from 1999 anymore)
- sports bras
- regular bras
- jeans, probably (I might be able to make it another year)
- printer (Well it won't print on photo paper! whyyyy? I don't want to buy a photo printer but I want to print my photos!)
- actively praying that I don't have to replace my computer.
- hopefully: job and housing situation (ah! scary stuff!)

Now I pretty much haven't replaced a lot of these things in a looooong time, so getting this new stuff is basically an 'investment' that I'm ok making, but I just wasn't expecting to have to make this many 'investments' all at once!

My most recent investment was getting some new bras at Nordstrom (Anniversary Sale! woo!).  My old bras are really in terrible shape and cause me all sorts of problems, so this was a good thing.  I also got the sales attendant to measure me and help me pick the right size, so it is great to get stuff that fits!

But the inevitable problem is that my new bras are so new and pretty I don't want to wear them!

No comments:

Post a Comment