Monday, November 18, 2013

Progress Report: November

1.  Read Lean In, The Beauty Myth, Survival of the Prettiest, A Handmaid's Tale, and Gone Girl

I haven't made too much progress on this, but I have still got some pages of Survival read.  I think I'm going to focus on getting that one finished before the others.  I am still getting distracted by magazines and television!

2.  Finish reading Anna Karenina and Howards End.
I read the first 5 pages of Howards End, but I keep trying to read it while I am going to sleep.  So a couple pages in, I start to dose off and have to stop.

3.  Learn some basic sewing and alteration.
No progress.

4.  Since we are on the subject of sewing  . . . Go to a tailor.
Trying to figure out how to find a good tailor!  Does anyone know  good site to find services like this where there are reviews?

5.  Get new glasses.
I FINALLY decided to get a pair of frames I looked at in August.  Of course, they are not for sale anymore!  But I found a pair on ebay and bought them!  Now I just have to get the lenses made and put in!  Hopefully I can get that done this weekend.
6. Learn how to do make-up.  Specifically eye shadow.
No progress.  My skin has been really bad lately so I've been trying to keep the make-up off of it. 

7.  Keep a style diary.
I actually started this!  I took a short video of it but haven't imported it yet!

8.  Try selling clothes online.
I still have a bunch of clothes to post to my closet, but I've now got 150 followers!  So far I've sold 3 things (5 if you count two bags I sold to my sister!).

9.  Make my own postcards.
No progress here yet!  Really really want to get started on this, but I need to get photoshop first.  Surfing etsy has been giving me all these ideas!

10.  Use Photoshop.
No progress here yet.  Hopefully around Christmas I can begin looking into getting a new laptop or fixing my old one.

11.  Take and edit more photos.
I've been taking photos on my phone more now and I have a photo editing ap.  But I haven't done any really photo adventures.

12.  Finish my poetry collection.
I really need to buckle down and spend some time one this.  I've been reading through some of my old notes and finding some stuff I really like, but I am not giving it the attention it needs.  I need a cloudy Saturday to just hole up and get to work.  Again, I keep trying to write right before bed but my brain just doesn't cooperate!

13.  Find a writing support group.
I'm still working on another blog project with some other writers.  I think it is going well, but I need to make sure the montentum keeps going.  I haven't been doing any other creative writing though really.
 
14.  Write a screenplay.
No progress.

15.  Make a short film.
No progress

16.  Start mastering blogging.
No progress.  And I totally abandoned this blog for 20 days or something!  Not good!

17.  Help make scrapbook for family reunion.
I'm working on finding the right size book with the right number and kind of pages.

18.  Volunteer for something.
No progress.

19. Change a tire.
No progress.  It is getting cold now.  I think this might have to wait for spring.

20. Go to film festivals.
As I said in my last report, I went to the NY Film Festival.  I am not going to make it to DOC NY, but I've got the Athena Film Festival booked in my calendar!

21.  Develop some business skills.
I actually spent some time at some business seminars (coincidentally for work) and it gave me lots of ideas.  I really want to learn more about basic basic finance, personal finance, and accounting.

22.  Get a new computer.
No progress

23.  Collaborate on a creative project.
No progress.  I did work on another independent film this month though!

24.  New job
I've been consistently doing 1-2 applications every week but to no great effect.  Fun times.

25. Get an apartment.
Can't decide if I should wait until new job or not!

No comments:

Post a Comment