Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Sketch: Billy Burke's face

I am always fascinated by the lines and contours of people's faces. One of my English professors had the most amazing lines and bone structure in her face, I remember spending a lot of time in class trying to sketch her face and capture how the different sections of her face fit together in my mind. (She also was a really good professor, it was one of my favorite college classes and she introduced me to Kate Chopin.)

Haha, this is sounding a little weird and kinda serial killery but I promise I like people's faces the way they are!

As an example of what I'm imagining here is a little sketch I did of Billy Burke's face from one of the many times he was being serious on Revolution. It is really hard get the eyes and his awesome frowny eyebows right so I skipped them on this attempt. His hair is also a bit inaccurate and was not as interesting to me. 


P.S. Yes, I watch Revolution.  No, I'm not proud and I am constantly on the verge of quitting it.

No comments:

Post a Comment