Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Inspiration Lately: Cinnamon Girl of Maine

I just recently stumbled upon this blog, Cinnamon Girl of Maine, via a blog via another blog, I think.  I am really mesmerized by it!  I want to sit down and read all of it right away.
Photo from Cinnamon Girl of Maine
The blog is written by a woman named Julie, who from what I've gathered so far, has moved to Maine to start farm and live a home-grown, authentic life.

I find her posts very inspiring--- and not just because a huge part of me wants to decamp to the countryside and build a life in nature.  She reflects on her life, questions her attitudes, and recognizes the beauty in her life when she finds it.  I mull over some of her sentences and find they both resonate with me and challenge me.

In her latest post she writes: "Proof that I'm not stagnant fills me with possibility."  She writes about dealing with change, and her sentences reminds me that change can be a source of hope, and not just of fear, ambition, or conquest!  I really enjoy that her writing gets me to look at things with a slightly different perspective than I'm used to.  Her writing is also generally beautiful, reflective, and poetic and is a peaceful joy to read just for those reasons.

She also takes beautiful photos that you can look at for hours, often of her baby son.  This was the first post I saw, and the beauty of the portrait got me hooked immediately.

Photo from Cinnamon Girl of Maine
Please please check it out, especially if you love nature, farming/home crafts, poetry, and introspection.

No comments:

Post a Comment