Saturday, March 22, 2014

Music this week: Nashville Returns plus some British divas

It's been ages since I did a Music this Week.  But here are some of the tunes I've been listening to a lot recently (in addition to Bastille's Laura Palmer).  Generally I've been trying to jam to some upbeat songs to uplift the mood.

1.  Don't Put Dirt on My Grave Just Yet - Nashville Cast (Hayden Panettiere)

This song has quickly become one of my favorite song (along with Something More) to blast whenever I am feeling disrespected and unappreciated.  Somethine More is for wallowing, this song is for yelling at the losers who are keeping you down and then getting on with making your life incredible!  You push on me, I'm gonna push back harder!!


2.  Lately - Nasvhille Cast (Sam Palladio, Clare Bowen)

Ah this song is so pretty and romantic and simple and dreamy and melancholy.  This has definitely become my favorite Scarlet and Gunar song, even though they never get to perform the whole thing on the show because Scarlet has a mini-nervous breakdown in the middle of it.

3. Paper Heart - Chloe Howl

This song FINALLY became available in the US!  I think the music video is hilarious and I wish I could parade around like this every time someone is awful and I want to cut them out of my life.

4. Upside Down - Paloma Faith

And now for something with some retro sound and some attitude.

5. SuperLove - Charli XCX

And this song is just really fun and danceable.  Like Upside Down, it's great for getting into a more positive mood.  (Also check out her collab with Marina and the Diamonds)

No comments:

Post a Comment