Friday, September 26, 2014

Music This Week: aka music this month

It's been a million years since I've done a Music This Week Post.  So a more accurate description for this post is probably more like: Music This Month!

I pretty much listened to Bastille non-stop for three months, with maybe a little F+tM thrown in there.  I also discovered the bands St. Lucia and Kongos over the summer.  Lately, I've been totally taken in by all those pop songs conquering the radio (A Sky Full of Stars - Coldplay. Boom Clap - Charli XCX. and BAILANDO - Enrique Iglesias . . . this song is soooooo addictive)

But here are some other things that I've been listening:

(1) Changes - Sigma (feat. Paloma Faith)


Fun electro-pop song featuring a great vocalist.  WHY THIS NOT BE AVAILABLE IN THE US???? 

(2)  Only Love Can Hurt Like This - Paloma Faith


Since we are on the subject of Paloma Faith, she has a new album out.  This is the main track that is being promoted.  This is a faster version, but is also sounds great slower and at a fashion show.  Also, now bragging: going to see her live!!!

(3)  Take Me Back - Kongos


They have been getting a bit more radio play, but I haven't heard this one on the waves yet.  But it is probably one of my more favorite from their album, Lunatic.

(4) Whispers - Passenger


Now for something a bit more mellow.  I started listening to Passenger because of his similarity to Ben Howard (who I LOVE).  I got Passenger's album 'Whispers' and there are a couple songs on there that are just SO GREAT.  This is one.

(5) bad_news - Bastille


NEW BASTILLE.  'nough said.

(6)  Crazy - Nashville Cast (Hayden Panettiere)


And finally, Nashville is back y'all.


No comments:

Post a Comment