Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Progress Report: Week 42

I didn't expect to accomplish anything this last week because of the holidays, traveling, getting sick, breaking my phone etc.  Let's see if I managed to make any progress . . .

1.  Get a new job and move. No progress.
STEP 4 Do application to PR program

2.  Make my own postcards. **TINY PROGRESS**
I have a lead on where to find postcard templates.

STEP 1: identify 5 photos I would like to use on the cards
STEP 3: decide on the size of the card
STEP 4: design the template for the back of the card
STEP 5: choose a printer or buy paper to print on my own


3.  Write a script No progress.

4. Publish a poem No progress
STEP 3: identify some places where I would like to submit a poem and qualify
STEP 4: select some poems for submission and fine tune them


5. Track my spending/budget No progress
Need to tabulate my April-June expenses! Maybe I can do this this week.

STEP 7: Track my March expenses.
STEP 8: Do my taxes.
STEP 9: Track my April expenses
STEP 10: Track my May expenses
STEP 11: Track my June expenses
STEP 11: Come up with better way of organizing receipts.

6. Apply for a passport No progress
STEP 3:  Figure out how much it will cost.
STEP 4:  Gather the forms and documents
STEP 5: Submit the paperwork,

7.  Get new glasses **COMPLETED WEEK 8**

8.  Visit Canada No progress
STEP 1:  Decide where I would like to visit (area around Lake Ontario, Niagara Falls maybe).
STEP 2:  Decide when I would like to visit and how long.
STEP 3:  Decide who I would like to come with me.
STEP 4:  Plan such an itinerary and route.

9.  Alter two items of clothing for myself  No Progress
STEP 2:  Talk to my mom about teaching me how to use sewing machine.
STEP 4:  Chose another item to alter, preferably not a dress hemming.

10.  Get something tailored. No progress
STEP 1:  Identify some local tailors, their contact info, and advice from others as to the quality.
STEP 2:  Determine how much I am willing to spend.
STEP 3:  Select 2-3 things I would like to attempt to get altered.

11.  Take a fitness class ** COMPLETED IN DECEMBER**
I suppose this one is actually complete since I took multiple fitness classes starting in the fall!  Maybe next year I will step it up by taking a dance class!

12.  Read at least 4 of these feminist books: **COMPLETED**
Lean In, Reverence to Rape, A Room of One's Own, The Second Sex, The Beauty Myth, MaddAddam Series, The Feminine Mystique, Bad Feminist, Yes Please by Amy Poehler

I got the audiobook of A Room of One's Own and was able to listen to the whole thing will traveling.  It was very good!  I highly recommend it to others!  And I didn't realize it but that means I completed this goal!!!  It would be cool if I could read Lean In or The Beauty Myth before August but I don't think that will happen.

13.  Organize something for Directed By Women. No Progress.
I hope to work on this more this week.

STEP 1:  Review the guidelines
STEP 2:  Brainstorm some ideas.

14.  Write those think piece articles No progress.
STEP 1:  Outline what I would like to say about one of my article ideas.
STEP 2:  Do the relevant research.
STEP 3:  Write a first draft.

15.  Buy a new laptop No progress.
I had to purchase a new phone, but it has kind of inspired me to get going with getting the new laptop.

STEP 1: Identify the main things I will need my laptop to do.
STEP 2: Work out what the specifications are for what I want.
STEP 3:  Investigate the price range available for what I want.
STEP 4:  Modify expectations or price range.
STEP 5:  Choose a vendor.

16.  Keep to a blogging schedule No progress
STEP 1:  Come up with a blogging schedule.
STEP 2:  Try to stick to it.
STEP 3:  Try pre-writing multiple posts at once and see if that works with staying consistent.

17.  Help a friend make her film a reality. No progress.
STEP 1:  Read script. (So embarrassing I haven't read it all yet.)
STEP 1: Read new script.
STEP 2:  Follow up about how the project is progressing and my thoughts on the script.
STEP 3:  Research funding sources.

18.  Start learning a little web design No progress
STEP 2:  Finish my Make a Website lesson on Code Academy.
STEP 3: Complete the HTML/CSS lesson on Code Academy.

19.  Finish books I have already started: No Progress
Survival of the Prettiest, Ishmael/My Ishmael/Story of B, Ode Less Traveled, Anna Karenina, Contagious (by Jonah Berger), Jim Henson: The Biography

STEP 1:  Finish Contagious
STEP 2:  Finish Ishmael
STEP 3:  Finish Flappers 
STEP 4:  Finish Survival of the Prettiest
STEP 5:  Read Story of B

20.  Organize a Clothing Swap or Yard Sale No progress.
I should revisit this idea with some friends and maybe plan something for this summer.

STEP 2: Revisit the idea and perhaps plan something for late June or late July.

21.  Develop a financial plan for my loans **PROGRESS**
I actually paid off one of my loans!  Although it was a big amount of money, tracking my spending it helped me reduce frivolous spending so far this year which made it a bit easier.

STEP 3:  Get pay off figures and process from one loan.
STEP 4:  Revisit paperwork for other loans.
STEP 5:  Develop payment plan for the timeline I would like.

22.  Enroll in new medical insurance plan **COMPLETED WEEK 7**

23.  Watch these 10 classic movies that I have never seen No progress
Malcolm X this week; I just have to drag myself to the library!


Malcolm X, Blade Runner, Capote, The Virgin Suicides, Invasion of the Body Snatchers, Strangers on a Train, Groundhog Day,  Rosemary's Baby, Young Frankenstein, Badlands

STEP 7:  Find a copy of Malcolm X

24.  Update a YouTube channel at work No progress
STEP 1:  Get advice from the marketing department, especially regarding partnership and SEO.
STEP 1a:  Discuss my plans with my boss.
STEP 2:  Develop plan for eliminating bad content.
STEP 3: Develop timeline for eliminating bad content.
STEP 4:  Send follow-up email with marketing department delineating responsibilities.
STEP 5: Develop online log for all new videos that are uploaded.
STEP 6:  Follow up with partners on new playlist ideas I have. 

25.  Complete some family projects: **PROGRESS**
I did the scrapbook for a family reunion.  It wasn't as complete and fancy as I could have made it if I had started earlier, but people seemed to enjoy it.

I also talked with several of my aunts who have agreed to send me copies of my grandmother's writing that they have.  I have to follow up with them to make sure they do.

  • help my sister make a scrapbook for our family reunion
  • help my mother create a wedding album for a cousin
  • create an anthology of  my grandmother's writing--- hopefully with some of her art and painting included.
STEP 1:  Look through the wedding photos.
STEP 2:  Do some research on what typically goes into a wedding album.
STEP 3:  Talk to my mom about what she wants for the wedding album.
STEP 4:  Read my sister's notes about the scrapbook.
STEP 5:  Talk to my sister about her ideas for the scrapbook.
STEP 6:  Call my aunt about the writing that she has gathered from my grandmother.
STEP 7:  Follow up with aunts to get writing copies.

26.  Private health-related goal. No Progress

Score:  Progress on 4 of 23 goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment