Saturday, August 1, 2015

Progress Report: Week 43-46

I am pretty close to being done with my year (only two weeks left pretty much).  It has been pretty tempting to just give up and call it a day with these.  BUT I'm trying really hard not to do that because there are still things that I can definitely do in two weeks!

1.  Get a new job and move. No progress.
STEP 4 Do application to PR program

2.  Make my own postcards. No progress
STEP 1: identify 5 photos I would like to use on the cards
STEP 3: decide on the size of the card
STEP 4: design the template for the back of the card
STEP 5: choose a printer or buy paper to print on my own

3.  Write a script No progress.

4. Publish a poem No progress
STEP 3: identify some places where I would like to submit a poem and qualify
STEP 4: select some poems for submission and fine tune them

5. Track my spending/budget **TINY PROGRESS**
I haven't finished tracking my expenses from the past 4 months.  BUT I did got through this massive hoard to receipts I've been holding onto for some crazy reason and got rid of 99% of them all!  This will make organizing my incoming receipts much easier.

And this weekend I will finished tracking my expenses!!!


STEP 9: Track my April expenses
STEP 10: Track my May expenses
STEP 11: Track my June expenses
STEP 12:  Track my July expenses
STEP 11: Come up with better way of organizing receipts.

6. Apply for a passport No progress
STEP 3:  Figure out how much it will cost.
STEP 4:  Gather the forms and documents
STEP 5: Submit the paperwork,

7.  Get new glasses **COMPLETED WEEK 8**

8.  Visit Canada No progress
STEP 1:  Decide where I would like to visit (area around Lake Ontario, Niagara Falls maybe).
STEP 2:  Decide when I would like to visit and how long.
STEP 3:  Decide who I would like to come with me.
STEP 4:  Plan such an itinerary and route.

9.  Alter two items of clothing for myself  No Progress
STEP 4:  Chose another item to alter, preferably not a dress hemming.

10.  Get something tailored. No progress
STEP 1:  Identify some local tailors, their contact info, and advice from others as to the quality.
STEP 2:  Determine how much I am willing to spend.
STEP 3:  Select 2-3 things I would like to attempt to get altered.

11.  Take a fitness class ** COMPLETED IN DECEMBER**
I suppose this one is actually complete since I took multiple fitness classes starting in the fall!  Maybe next year I will step it up by taking a dance class!

12.  Read at least 4 of these feminist books: **COMPLETED IN JULY**
Lean In, Reverence to Rape, A Room of One's Own, The Second Sex, The Beauty Myth, MaddAddam Series, The Feminine Mystique, Bad Feminist, Yes Please by Amy Poehler

13.  Organize something for Directed By Women.**PROGRESS**
I have identified two films I want to try arranging screenings for.  I have contacted one organization to see if they are interested in helping me, and they are, so I am searching for low-cost venues.

STEP 3: Choose a venue for one film.
STEP 4: Solicit support and interest in other film to see if we can organize a screening.

14.  Write those think piece articles No progress.
STEP 1:  Outline what I would like to say about one of my article ideas.
STEP 2:  Do the relevant research.
STEP 3:  Write a first draft.

15.  Buy a new laptop No progress.
I really really want to do this before mid Aug!!

STEP 1: Identify the main things I will need my laptop to do.
STEP 2: Work out what the specifications are for what I want.
STEP 3:  Investigate the price range available for what I want.
STEP 4:  Modify expectations or price range.
STEP 5:  Choose a vendor.

16.  Keep to a blogging schedule **PROGRESS**
I haven't been doing that well on this blog, mostly because I am not sure what I am doing with this one--- but that might be ok.  I've written several other posts for my other blog so successfully kept my schedule for that post.  I've also been doing well managing a blog for work.  I'm more an editor for that, and I don't write too much for it, but I have the content pretty much scheduled and reviewed for the next two months.

17.  Help a friend make her film a reality. **PROGRESS**
I did more digging for funding sources.

18.  Start learning a little web design No progress
STEP 2:  Finish my Make a Website lesson on Code Academy.
STEP 3: Complete the HTML/CSS lesson on Code Academy.

19.  Finish books I have already started: **PROGRESS**
Survival of the Prettiest, Ishmael/My Ishmael/Story of B, Ode Less Traveled, Anna Karenina, Contagious (by Jonah Berger), Jim Henson: The Biography

I am determined to finish Survival of the Prettiest.  I'm trying to read 10 pages a day.  I only have about 50 pages left!

STEP 1:  Finish Contagious
STEP 2:  Finish Ishmael
STEP 3:  Finish Flappers 
STEP 4:  Finish Survival of the Prettiest
STEP 5:  Read Story of B

20.  Organize a Clothing Swap or Yard Sale **TINY PROGRESS**
I have a friend who is sort of interested in helping me have a clothing swap on a Friday in Aug.  If we can pick a date, I can figure out a place and if people actually show up it should work.

STEP 2: Revisit the idea and perhaps plan something for Aug

21.  Develop a financial plan for my loans **TINY PROGRESS**
I've decided that I want to try to pay off one of my other loans by the end of next year.  I still have the review the paperwork and develop a plan.

STEP 3:  Get pay off figures and process from one loan.
STEP 4:  Revisit paperwork for other loans.
STEP 5:  Develop payment plan for the timeline I would like.

22.  Enroll in new medical insurance plan **COMPLETED WEEK 7**

23.  Watch these 10 classic movies that I have never seen **PROGRESS**
I am super proud of this one!  I GOT MALCOLM X FROM THE LIBRARY!!! It only took me like three months to do that! I have watched the first disc already so I am halfway done!  I really want to complete this goal by mid August, but I'm having trouble finding a copy of Badlands without having to buy it.

Malcolm X, Blade Runner, Capote, The Virgin Suicides, Invasion of the Body Snatchers, Strangers on a Train, Groundhog Day,  Rosemary's Baby, Young Frankenstein, Badlands

STEP 7: Finish watching Malcolm X.
STEP 8: Find a copy of Badlands

24.  Update a YouTube channel at work No progress
STEP 1:  Get advice from the marketing department, especially regarding partnership and SEO.
STEP 1a:  Discuss my plans with my boss.
STEP 2:  Develop plan for eliminating bad content.
STEP 3: Develop timeline for eliminating bad content.
STEP 4:  Send follow-up email with marketing department delineating responsibilities.
STEP 5: Develop online log for all new videos that are uploaded.
STEP 6:  Follow up with partners on new playlist ideas I have. 

25.  Complete some family projects: **PROGRESS**
I followed up with my aunts and they are sending me stuff to complete my pool of documents for my grandmother's writing.
  • help my sister make a scrapbook for our family reunion
  • help my mother create a wedding album for a cousin
  • create an anthology of  my grandmother's writing--- hopefully with some of her art and painting included.
STEP 1:  Look through the wedding photos.
STEP 2:  Do some research on what typically goes into a wedding album.
STEP 3:  Talk to my mom about what she wants for the wedding album.

STEP 6:  Call my aunt about the writing that she has gathered from my grandmother.
STEP 7:  Follow up with aunts to get writing copies. 
STEP 8:  Follow up with remaining aunt.
STEP 8:  Sort through all the documents once I get them

26.  Private health-related goal. No Progress


Score:  Progress on 9 of 22 goals.



1 comment: