Monday, June 27, 2016

Progress Report: Week 46

I can't believe there is basically only one month left!  There are definitely a few of these that I can knock off in that time if I put my mind to it!

1. Get passport & travel to Canada - No Progress

2. Take a dance class (not ballet) - COMPLETED

3.  Find a new doctor - No Progress

4.  Make a short film - No Progress
I have a really simple idea for this, but it just requires to me to get my hands on a camera, find some peace and quiet, and do it!

5.  Make an anthology of my Grandma's poems & writings - PROGRESS
I written up a compilation of all the poems that I've got and circulated it to a few other people for feedback regarding the order, and to check for typos, which turned out to be really important because there were many more mistakes than I expected!  Now I need to get back to their feedback to see what I think.

6.  Read 5 of these intellectual/feminist books: The Second Sex, Lean In, To the Lighthouse, The Beauty Myth, Reverence to Rape, Sister Outsider, How to Be a Woman, Americanah - TINY PROGRESS
I haven't made progress on To the Lighthouse, but I started listening to the Feminist Mystique on audiobook which I think should count towards this goal even though it's not one of the books.

7.  Learn to do a Tarot reading - PROGRESS
I still am very new to all of this, but I've started trying to do a few readings for myself.  I am still very unfamiliar with the means of the cards and have to use a reference book but it's progress.  I have started trying to incorporate the minor arcana, whereas previously I've only been using the major arcana.

8.  Read 4 of these unfinished reads --- Story of B, Ode Less Traveled, Anna Karenina, Jim Henson: The Biography, Snobs by Julian FellowsBird Cloud by Annie Proulx, Savage Beauty (biography of Edna St. Vincent Millay) - PROGRESS
I've been reading the Jim Henson biography!  I am really enjoying it!  I sometimes struggle with nonfiction, but I'm finding this a bit of a page turner!  Even so I'm only at 120 of 490.  I think I can finish by August if I put my mind to it, but I've got to make an effort.

9.  Watch these 15 movies:  Noah, Rush, The Apartment, MaleficentSweetie by Jane CampionHateship Loveship, Easy Rider, Dirty Dancing, MaidentripLaggiesDear White People, FridaSaving Mr. Banks, Carousel, Across the Universe - No Progress
I've been busy it has been hard to find the time to track down these films.

10.  Watch these 10 British movies/miniseries: The Riot Club, God Help the Girl, Pride, Calvary, Nowhere Boy, BirdsongParade's EndArchipelago, The Selfish Giant, OrlandoPROGRESS
I watched Orlando.  It was very strange.  Not sure what I think about it.  It was such a strange story, combined with a very unique film style.

11.  Get back into Master's Program and work towards finish.  COMPLETED
I successfully got back into my Master's program and have a pretty solid plan for completing it within the next 1.5 years.  I am very very close to having my practicum all set up for this summer.  I'm waiting on one more piece of paperwork before I can submit for final approval.

12.  Put together a collection of poetry & get one poem published - No Progress

13.  Finish writing a film script - No Progress

14.  Pay off another of my student loans COMPLETED Week 29

15.  Create postcards with art or photos from family members or friends - No Progress

16.  Make scrapbook for 2015 - No Progress

17.  Keep blogging & Write a post for a professional blog - COMPETED

18.  Go to 3 film festivals - COMPLETED Week 35

19.  Learn more about car maintenance - No Progress
I've actually got to go get the car inspected this month!  Better hurry up!

20.  Do more music stuff - TINY PROGRESS
I have been playing the piano a bit more.  I also did a LOT of singing in the pasts few week, while on a road trip and at a concert.  I spent many hours singing at the top of my lungs as I sped down the highway!  I also really want to try learning to play the drums and I have found a drum pad to use.  Should probably find some sticks . . .

21.  Learn to use a sewing machine - No Progress

22.  Minor financial task I've been putting off - No Progress
Ridiculous.  I should be able to get this done!

23.  Do a freelance/volunteer video project  COMPLETED

24.  Write an essay on Snow White & the Huntsman - No progress

25.  Plan something for my birthday! PROGRESS
I've identified some places to go and activities to do and asked some people to join me.  Most people are not available, so I might end up doing some stuff alone, but after my recent vacation I actually kinda had a blast doing some things alone, so it might be a fun adventure!

26.  Get my elbow sorted out (it hurts frequently) - No Progress

27.  Do #52FilmsByWomen  - PROGRESS
Technically I'm behind by 2 films, and I should have watched 4 for each past week, so I should have watched 6 films.  So I think I'm still behind.  I've watched Amanda Sternberg's Blue Girls Burn Fast (which I was a little unimpressed with), Orlando (found it a bit overwhelming), another short film that I think was called The Decision which I discovered through the Directed By Women facebook (it made me super sad so I've tried to forget everything about it so I can't remember the name of the director or the film or when exactly I watched it!).  I also watched The Kids Are Alright (made me think a lot, I think there was a lot of good stuff there, but at the same time it wasn't very original in some ways).  And I also watched a playlist of music videos directed by women, so I'm counting that as 1 film.  So I'm still 1 film behind.

Bonus Goals
  • Make postcards from my photos - No Progress
  • Get something tailored - No Progress
  • Buy a new laptop - I still have to transfer a bunch of my files around.
Progress on 8/21 (0/2 Bonus Goals)

No comments:

Post a Comment