Monday, August 15, 2011

Come On Get Crafty: Dealing with Mistakes

This is actually one of the first cards I started making. I was inspired by Hershey's kiss wrappers; I was really into the vibrant brown and orange colors they had chosen for their Halloween wrappers. So as I ate the chocolate, I ironed out the wrappers and kept them and then started gluing them to this card. I thought they looked really cool for a while, but then I realized the colors clashed with the rather muddy red of the card itself.

What to do, what to do? Paste pictures of shoes and models partying over top of course!

Nothing was really going to save the card. It is too bad the colors clashed because I really liked the shapes I made with the wrappers which have been rather hidden from view now. But considering the mess it started as, I think it turned out rather well.

I find myself particularly pleased with the dot pattern on the red. It looks much better than I expected. I just wish I had not patterned the white around the model in the hat first. Ah, but such is life!

No comments:

Post a Comment