Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Music this week: Muse, She & Him, and a bunch of British chicks

Been listening to a lot of tunes lately!  I guess I've really needed to be in the groove/needed a pick-me-up!

1. 'Never Forget You' - The Noisettes

Love her smooth voice and the retro vibe of the song!

2. 'Obsessions' - Marina and the Diamonds
Not from her most recent album but such a good song!  Been listening to it 3-4 times a day randomly!  Also, been listening to 'Numb.' 

3. 'Boy' - Nina Nesbitt
Just stumbled upon this one and been listening to it non-stop.

4. 'Dig Me A River' - Gemma Ray
I wanted to post 'No Water' but I couldn't find a video.  I've had a bit of a Gemma Ray revival of late and have been listening to her Lights Out on Zoltar again.  'No Water,' 'Dig Me a River,' and "You Got Me In a Death Roll" have got the highest play count so far.

5. 'Only You' - Alison Moyet
It's a old one, but it was on Fringe a few weeks back which got me hooked all over again.  'I Go Weak in the Presence of Beauty' is another favorite of mine.

6. 'Madness' - Muse
I finally broke down and got the new album this weekend.  Loving most of it (two of the songs I don't like).  Digging this one the most right now.

7. 'Thieves' - She & Him
I dunno why this one just randomly popped up on my itnues and it's perfect.


8.  'Tightrope' - Walk the Moon
Another one that I'm not sure how it made it's way into my itunes library but I'm ok with it.

9.  'Breath of Life' - Florence + the Machine
Yes, again!  It's soooooo good!

Other goodies: 
Of course I've was on an all Mumford & Sons diet for a little while there.  Still listening to 'I Will Wait' and 'Below My Feet.'  Their 'Ghost that We Knew' makes me cry, so I don't listen too it as much but love it too.  Been really digging 'For Those Below' lately.

Calvin Harris/Florence's 'Sweet Nothing,' of course.  Kinda bummed that the music video is so lame though.

Guilty pleasure: Cher Lloyd.

No comments:

Post a Comment