Sunday, October 21, 2012

Photogsnazzy: Dreamy Caterpillars

I actually tried to do a little photography this weekend.  Almost always I'm lazy and do everything on automatic settings--- maybe I'll adjust aperture--- and focus mostly on composition, hoping that there is enough light for the image to come out looking pretty much how I want it.  Well, it's time to stop being lazy!

I did a little refreshing by cracking open a few photography books and borrowed my Dad's Nikon to actually try taking some pictures experimenting with the ISO, shutter speed, aperture and focus on manual!

Unfortunately, I took too long to get around to doing this and the sun was pretty much set by the time I got a acquainted with the camera.  That and I kept forgetting to check the focus!  (I'm so used to the machines doing everything for me!)  Maybe I should stay on auto focus until I get the hang of things.    So I basically took a bunch of really bad photos.

However, I thought I'd share a few dreamy (out-of-focus, over/under-exposed) photographs--- primarily of caterpillars!
I think these are the settings I used: 1/25s, f/4.5, ISO 400.
1/25s, f/4.5, ISO 640
1/24s, f/4.5, ISO 250 . . . also I just like the blurry green in this one, with the white flowers peaking through.

1 comment: