Saturday, February 9, 2013

Music this week: Nashivlle and electric alterna-pop???

Since the last music post (October!) I have got a lot of new tunes!  A lot are songs or artist I've heard on tv shows and remembered to look up.  Tunefinder is pretty great! 

1. 'Bones' - MS MR

This group has a little of what I love about Florence + the Machine.  The drums, the powerful female vocal, mystery . .  .

2. 'Sleepsong' - Bastille

I read about this artist in Nylon and decided to check him out.  Then I fell in love with this song. Bad Blood is also pretty great.

3. 'One Works Better' & 'Sideshow'  - Nashville (tv series)

Beside liking this show a lot, I really love Nashville for giving us some great tunes!  I tend to like the songs by Scarlet and Gunner the most.  I really like 'One Works Better' in particular because it is a nice change from their more subdued, quiet love/heart-break songs.

I also love Deacon and his star-crossed-lover problems.  'Sideshow' is the prefect country song for him, and gotta love listening to Charles Esten's voice.

4.  'The Devil Don't Mind' - David J Roch

David J Roch's music is a little weird.  But I think I like it.  And I definitely have fun howling along to this song on my drive home from a soul-deadening day of work.  Skin & Bones is the first of his songs I heard (I haven't watched the video so can't speak to it).

5.  'Secret Days' - School of Seven Bells

This type of more electric music usually isn't really my cup of tea but I got into this song.

P.S.  Going to get my copy of Josh Groban's new album tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment