Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Music this Week: Bastille, Ben Howard, Stevie Nicks

Music this week is a short list because I've pretty much been listening to the same three artists over and over and over again!  I watched Stevie Nicks' documentary about the creation of her In Your Dreams album, so I was listening to her album a lot.  But Bastille and Ben Howard both have new music out so I've been alternating between them and getting sick of them NEVER.

(1) The Driver - Bastille
BBC Radio 1 recently launched a project to create another soundtrack for Drive with different bands and artists contributing.  Bastille contributed this song, and it's on their new mixtape VS. (out Dec 10).  The more I listen to this song, the more it is everything.  It's the perfect example of the type of full music that I love that I think of "unapologetically loud, but not noisy."



(2) I Forget Where We Were - Ben Howard.
This song is heaven.  After my first listen, it instantly went on repeat about twenty times.  I haven't even had time to analyze the lyrics but this song stirs up so much emotion.  Sometimes joy.  Sometimes rapture.  Sometimes calm.  Sometimes weeping.


(3) In Your Dreams - Stevie Nicks
This song is just a million tons of fun.  Positive.  Supportive.  It somehow inspires me to both dance and go on a road trip.  Also, I love singing along in harmony.


P.S.  Are all those tears necessary?

No comments:

Post a Comment