Friday, January 1, 2016

Progress Report: Week 22

It's New Years! I thought I'd better check in with my goals and see how I'm doing so that I can get planning for the brand new year.  I got two planning workbooks from friends this year to help me stay on top of goals and track my progress.  Funnily, until I started working with them these last two weeks, I didn't occur to me to actually schedule deadlines, benchmarks etc for my goals into the literal calendar . . . but now that these books have suggested it, it seems like a great next step to make these things a reality!  Time to get down to planning . . .

1. Get passport & travel to Canada - No Progress

2. Take a dance class (not ballet) - No Progress
I am going to try to sign up for another dance class for the spring since I missed so much of my dance class in the fall.


3.  Find a new doctor - No Progress

4.  Make a short film - TINY PROGRESS
I read the shorts, but I'm not sure they are really the best thing to start with.  The one I liked the best might be a little to difficult for me to pull off at the moment.

5.  Make an anthology of my Grandma's poems & writings - No Progress

6.  Read 5 of these intellectual/feminist books: The Second Sex, Lean In, To the Light House, The Beauty Myth, Reverence to Rape, Sister Outsider, How to Be a Woman, Americanah - No Progress

7.  Learn to do a Tarot reading - PROGRESS
I got my new book and I did a few simple readings for myself, to get some practice in.  I also did a reading for the upcoming year and recorded the spread in one of my workbooks.  We'll see how well I did at reading and understanding them as the year goes on!

8.  Read 4 of these unfinished reads --- Story of B, Ode Less Traveled, Anna Karenina, Jim Henson: The Biography, Snobs by Julian Fellows, Bird Cloud by Annie Proulx, Savage Beauty (biography of Edna St. Vincent Millay) -TINY PROGRESS
I'm still working on Story of B.  I'm more than half way through.  I'll try to finish it before the end of January so I can move on.

9.  Watch these 15 movies:  Noah, Rush, The Apartment, Maleficent, Sweetie by Jane Campion, Hateship Loveship, Easy Rider, Dirty Dancing, Maidentrip, Laggies, Dear White People, Frida, Saving Mr. Banks, Carousel, Across the Universe - PROGRESS!
I finished Frida.  I'll probably try to see Rush and Noah in January.

10.  Watch these 10 British movies/miniseries: The Riot Club, God Help the Girl, Pride, Calvary, Nowhere Boy, Birdsong, Parade's End, Archipelago, The Selfish Giant, Orlando PROGRESS!
I started watching Parade's End.  It will probably take me a few months to get through the whole series.  I also watch Archipelago; I didn't like it that much and I expected to . . . however I really did like some aspects of it, such as the framing and a couple of the long takes that made certain scenes seem more like theatre.

11.  Plan speaker series on digital activism for work - No Progress

12.  Put together a collection of poetry & get one poem published - No Progress

13.  Finish writing a film script - TINY PROGRESS
I still have to do some hard work on this to get a solid outline together, but I had a small break through on one of the plot points.

14.  Pay off another of my student loans - TINY PROGRESS
I have a general plan for how to get deal with my loans over the next two years.

15.  Create postcards with art or photos from family members or friends - No Progress

16.  Make scrapbook for 2015 - No Progress

17.  Keep blogging & Write a post for a professional blog - No Progress

18.  Go to 3 film festivals - TINY PROGRESS
I've looked up the dates for the film festivals I'd like to go to.  Given my schedule, I don't think I'd be able to go to Sundance.  So I've got to look at my schedule more seriously and work out the costs of attending the other film festivals to see what is possible.

19.  Learn more about car maintenance - No Progress

20.  Do more music stuff - No Progress

21.  Learn to use a sewing machine - No Progress

22.  Minor financial task I've been putting off - No Progress

23.  Do a freelance/volunteer video project - COMPLETE
I did this in October, but I'd like to work on more!

24.  Write an essay on Snow White & the Huntsman - No Progress

25.  Make decent New Year's Eve plans (while still mainly avoiding drunk people) - FAILED
I did not accomplish this.  I am going to try to think of something similar to replace this  goal with.

26.  Get my elbow sorted out (it hurts frequently) - No Progress

27.  TBD - No Progress

Bonus Goals
  • Make postcards from my photos - TINY PROGRESS  I looked through some of my files to select some pictures to use.  I still want to do a little bit of editing to them before ordering cards.
  • Get something tailored - No Progress
  • Buy a new laptop - No Progress  Planning to do this this weekend.
  • Take PR classes - No Progress
Progress on 8/27 (1/4 Bonus Goals)

No comments:

Post a Comment