Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Progress Report: Week 26

It's been one month into the new year.  I've been trying to stay focused on accomplishing my goals.  I think I've been doing better at some, I'd like to keep doing better but it's important to acknowledge work well done too.

1. Get passport & travel to Canada - No Progress

2. Take a dance class (not ballet) - TINY PROGRESS
I signed up for another hiphop dance class.  First class it today!

3.  Find a new doctor - No Progress

4.  Make a short film - TINY PROGRESS
I have so many ideas for short films all of a sudden.  A few are really simple, a few more complicated.  I have a script that I'd like to produce.  I also bought a book on producing to help me think about how to approach this . . . but of course this is just triggering a million more questions I want to ask people for advice.

5.  Make an anthology of my Grandma's poems & writings - TINY PROGRESS
I have made a comprehensive list of all the poems I have.  I need to start thinking about ordering them, synchronizing a few that I have multiple versions of, and deciding what to do with a few that seem unfinished.

6.  Read 5 of these intellectual/feminist books: The Second Sex, Lean In, To the Light House, The Beauty Myth, Reverence to Rape, Sister Outsider, How to Be a Woman, Americanah - No Progress

7.  Learn to do a Tarot reading - TINY PROGRESS
In January I was trying to practice every day but it ended up being more like a few times a week.



8.  Read 4 of these unfinished reads --- Story of B, Ode Less Traveled, Anna Karenina, Jim Henson: The Biography, Snobs by Julian FellowsBird Cloud by Annie Proulx, Savage Beauty (biography of Edna St. Vincent Millay) - No Progress
I've been really focused on reading books for my class that there isn't much time for anything else.  I'd really like to read the Jim Henson biography soon.

9.  Watch these 15 movies:  Noah, Rush, The Apartment, Maleficent, Sweetie by Jane Campion, Hateship Loveship, Easy Rider, Dirty Dancing, Maidentrip, LaggiesDear White People, FridaSaving Mr. Banks, Carousel, Across the Universe - PROGRESS
I watch Across the Universe. What an interesting movie.  There were some parts I found extremely moving and brilliant and others that I found very weak.

10.  Watch these 10 British movies/miniseries: The Riot Club, God Help the Girl, Pride, Calvary, Nowhere Boy, BirdsongParade's EndArchipelago, The Selfish Giant, Orlando - No Progress

11.  Get back into Master's Program and work towards finish.  PROGRESS
I've filed all the paperwork to cover the cost of school and I'm now taking a class.  I have a meeting with an advisor tomorrow to go over planning the rest of the program out.

12.  Put together a collection of poetry & get one poem published - No Progress

13.  Finish writing a film script TINY PROGRESS
I have dug out some of my old screenwriting book and have slowly started to read up on sections to help me get through the problem areas I have right now.

14.  Pay off another of my student loans - PROGRESS
I payed off the a big chunk of one of my loans and set up recurring payments for the rest of the year.  By next year my loan amounts should be pretty small and I should be able to completely pay off one of them.

15.  Create postcards with art or photos from family members or friends - No Progress

16.  Make scrapbook for 2015 - No Progress

17.  Keep blogging & Write a post for a professional blog - No Progress

18.  Go to 3 film festivals - No Progress
I have to plan my travel and lodging for the Athena Film Fest since that is super soon!  I'm still not sure if I will go to the Bentonville Film Fest.  It might make more sense to save that dream until next year and do something more local and less costly.

19.  Learn more about car maintenance - No Progress

20.  Do more music stuff - No Progress

21.  Learn to use a sewing machine - No Progress

22.  Minor financial task I've been putting off - No Progress

23.  Do a freelance/volunteer video project - COMPLETE

24.  Write an essay on Snow White & the Huntsman -No Progress
I have had a hard time keeping on top of this one.

25.  NEED REPLACEMENT GOAL HERE

26.  Get my elbow sorted out (it hurts frequently) - No Progress

27.  Do #52FilmsByWomen  - PROGRESS
I watched Across the UniverseMiddle of Nowhere, and Farah Goes Bang.  Next up are Stories We Tell, Unbroken, Adore, and Somewhere.

Bonus Goals
  • Make postcards from my photos - No Progress
  • Get something tailored - No Progress
  • Buy a new laptop - I still have to transfer a bunch of my files around.
Progress on 9/27 (0/3 Bonus Goals)

No comments:

Post a Comment