Saturday, February 20, 2016

Progress Report: Week 29

My MA program has taken up a lot of my time this month.  I have felt like I haven't had time for a lot of my personal projects because I have been spending a lot of time doing research and reading for my program.  I have been feeling a little demoralized about it.  Also I scheduled a few too many social activities for this month I think (but they were all worth it!).  I hope I get get back on track with at least a few things.  Let's see how I did . . .

1. Get passport & travel to Canada - No Progress

2. Take a dance class (not ballet) - PROGRESS
I have been going to my hip hop class for a 3-4 weeks now.  I am still pretty terrible, but I have improved so much!  I pretty much have been able to follow the routines for the last two classes!

3.  Find a new doctor - No Progress

4.  Make a short film - No progress.
This is something I really want to get back on track with.



5.  Make an anthology of my Grandma's poems & writings - No Progress

6.  Read 5 of these intellectual/feminist books: The Second Sex, Lean In, To the Light House, The Beauty Myth, Reverence to Rape, Sister Outsider, How to Be a Woman, Americanah - No Progress

7.  Learn to do a Tarot reading - No Progress
I haven't really touched my cards since January!

8.  Read 4 of these unfinished reads --- Story of B, Ode Less Traveled, Anna Karenina, Jim Henson: The Biography, Snobs by Julian FellowsBird Cloud by Annie Proulx, Savage Beauty (biography of Edna St. Vincent Millay) - No Progress

9.  Watch these 15 movies:  Noah, Rush, The Apartment, Maleficent, Sweetie by Jane Campion, Hateship Loveship, Easy Rider, Dirty Dancing, Maidentrip, LaggiesDear White People, FridaSaving Mr. Banks, Carousel, Across the Universe - No Progress

10.  Watch these 10 British movies/miniseries: The Riot Club, God Help the Girl, Pride, Calvary, Nowhere Boy, BirdsongParade's EndArchipelago, The Selfish Giant, Orlando - No Progress

11.  Get back into Master's Program and work towards finish.  PROGRESS
I have been taking a class, had a phone meeting with one of the program directors, and am working on finding people to ask to be on my committee and research practicum sites.  I've also found a bunch more research I should read related to my research interest!  Also so much to read!

12.  Put together a collection of poetry & get one poem published - TINY PROGRESS
I sort of scribbled down a new poem!  Now if I can just remember where I put it . . .

13.  Finish writing a film script TINY PROGRESS
I did a bit more reading on story structure, but I really haven't done much work on this at all.

14.  Pay off another of my student loans - COMPLETE
Although I haven't technically paid on either of my remaining loans completely.  I've paid of a significant chunk of one, and have set up my payments for the rest of the year so that I will be in a very good place come the end of the year.  So I'm counting this as complete.

15.  Create postcards with art or photos from family members or friends - No Progress

16.  Make scrapbook for 2015 - No Progress

17.  Keep blogging & Write a post for a professional blog - PROGRESS
I have written some new posts and planned a few additional ones.  Plus, I am going to write about the Athena Film Festival for TYCI, to hopefully post in March on their theme of 'Power'.

18.  Go to 3 film festivals - PROGRESS
I've decided not to do the Bentonville Film Festival this year since it will be expensive.  BUT I am currently writing this from the Athena Film Festival in NYC!  I'm spending 3 days watching films and listening to fantastic female filmmakers and feminist male filmmakers!

19.  Learn more about car maintenance - No Progress
I really need to check in with my car and make sure I take care of anything that need maintenance.  I need to get new front tires, new wipers, and an oil change too! Gah!

20.  Do more music stuff - No Progress

21.  Learn to use a sewing machine - No Progress

22.  Minor financial task I've been putting off - No Progress

23.  Do a freelance/volunteer video project - COMPLETED

24.  Write an essay on Snow White & the Huntsman -TINY PROGRESS
I started scribbling together an outline but I haven't made much headway.

25.  NEED REPLACEMENT GOAL HERE

26.  Get my elbow sorted out (it hurts frequently) - No Progress

27.  Do #52FilmsByWomen  - PROGRESS
I fell behind with this last week but I am making up for it by being a film festival for women filmmakers and films about women.  I have watched Mustang, Consumed, several short films by women, and I will be watching Suffragette tonight (with the director present!).

Bonus Goals
  • Make postcards from my photos - No Progress
  • Get something tailored - No Progress
  • Buy a new laptop - I still have to transfer a bunch of my files around.
Progress on 8/26 (0/3 Bonus Goals)

No comments:

Post a Comment