Monday, March 21, 2016

Progress Report: Week 33

While I'm still as busy as last month, I have found lately that I have been disappointed with my progress not from lack of time, but rather due to lack in initiative.  I feel like I have been slacking off lately.  I realize that I need to now account for 'free' time--- time to relax and watch TV, read a book or magazine, or similar . . . because I will do these things either way.  But I also need to be mindful of working on my goals throughout the week.  I've fallen into the habit of thinking I will catch up on all my goals on the weekend.  Of course when the weekend comes around there is never enough time to do everything!  Last week I made a point to try to accomplish some things earlier in the week!  This made me feel great!  I felt productive and it also alleviated some of the pressure on my free time on Friday night through Sunday!

1. Get passport & travel to Canada - No Progress

2. Take a dance class (not ballet) - PROGRESS
I've still been going to hiphop and Zumba.  Hiphop is still challenging but I've been slowly improving. I will have to think about if I want to continue taking a dance class in the summer.  I also find Zumba such a great stress-buster.

3.  Find a new doctor - No Progress

4.  Make a short film - No progress.

5.  Make an anthology of my Grandma's poems & writings - TINY PROGRESS
I've been working on a class assignment that I was able to relate back to this project and do a little bit of work on this.

6.  Read 5 of these intellectual/feminist books: The Second Sex, Lean In, To the Light House, The Beauty Myth, Reverence to Rape, Sister Outsider, How to Be a Woman, Americanah - No Progress,  There is no time to read anything except books for my class!

7.  Learn to do a Tarot reading - No Progress

8.  Read 4 of these unfinished reads --- Story of B, Ode Less Traveled, Anna Karenina, Jim Henson: The Biography, Snobs by Julian FellowsBird Cloud by Annie Proulx, Savage Beauty (biography of Edna St. Vincent Millay) - TINY PROGRESS
I'm so close to finishing this goal!  I managed to locate my copy of Jim Henson's biography.  I'm hoping to get that book finished before we get too far into the summer.

9.  Watch these 15 movies:  Noah, Rush, The Apartment, Maleficent, Sweetie by Jane Campion, Hateship Loveship, Easy Rider, Dirty Dancing, MaidentripLaggiesDear White People, FridaSaving Mr. Banks, Carousel, Across the Universe - PROGRESS
I watched Maidentrip.  I quite liked it and thought it was a great story to tell.

10.  Watch these 10 British movies/miniseries: The Riot Club, God Help the Girl, Pride, Calvary, Nowhere Boy, BirdsongParade's EndArchipelago, The Selfish Giant, Orlando - No Progress

11.  Get back into Master's Program and work towards finish.  TINY PROGRESS
I'm still working on finding committee members and working on a practicum proposal (part of my classwork too so I'd better finish it before the end of the semester!)  I've got a few leads that I really really need to follow up on this week.

12.  Put together a collection of poetry & get one poem published - No progress

13.  Finish writing a film script - No Progress

14.  Pay off another of my student loans - COMPLETED Week 29

15.  Create postcards with art or photos from family members or friends - No Progress

16.  Make scrapbook for 2015 - No Progress

17.  Keep blogging & Write a post for a professional blog - PROGRESS
I have written one new post for my feminist collaborative blog.  I've got a few more ideas.  But the biggest news is that I wrote an article about the Athena Film Festival for TYCI!  They've announced their new theme for April, and pitches are due soon!  I really want to keep writing for them; it's good practice and it's personally exciting for me!

18.  Go to 3 film festivals - PROGRESS
Ok, so I went to Cucalorus in November, I went to the Athena Film Festival last month, and next month I have a ticket to go to see a friend's film at the NYC Independent Film Festival.  There is also an environmental film festival in Princeton coming up soon.  So I should have this goal completed by May!

19.  Learn more about car maintenance - TINY PROGRESS
I got new wipers.

20.  Do more music stuff - TINY PROGRESS
For a monthly goal, I decided to sing one complete song a day.  I think I've skipped a few days here and there but mostly I've been keeping up (singing in the car on the way to/from work).

21.  Learn to use a sewing machine - No Progress

22.  Minor financial task I've been putting off - No Progress

23.  Do a freelance/volunteer video project  COMPLETED

24.  Write an essay on Snow White & the Huntsman - No Progress

25.  NEED REPLACEMENT GOAL HERE

26.  Get my elbow sorted out (it hurts frequently) - No Progress

27.  Do #52FilmsByWomen  - PROGRESS
I've been keeping up with this too.  I sort of messed up one week and watched a film that I thought was directed by a woman, but actually wasn't.  But I've watched Maidentrip, The Mask You Live In, and Life Partners.  So far I've been watching a lot of films about white women.  I'm hoping to change this up . . . unfortunately, a lot of the films I want to watch that are made by women and women of color especially are harder to get ahold of.

Bonus Goals
  • Make postcards from my photos - No Progress
  • Get something tailored - No Progress
  • Buy a new laptop - I still have to transfer a bunch of my files around.
Progress on 10/25 (0/3 Bonus Goals)

No comments:

Post a Comment