Sunday, July 24, 2016

Progress Report: Week 50

Chugging along as much as I can until the mid-August!  Can't believe it is so soon!

1. Get passport & travel to Canada - No Progress

2. Take a dance class (not ballet) - COMPLETED

3.  Find a new doctor - No Progress

4.  Make a short film - COMPLETED
I would really like to make a few more pieces, because this makes more sense a something of a series.
5.  Make an anthology of my Grandma's poems & writings - No Progress

6.  Read 5 of these intellectual/feminist books: The Second Sex, Lean In, To the Lighthouse, The Beauty Myth, Reverence to Rape, Sister Outsider, How to Be a Woman, Americanah - No Progress

7.  Learn to do a Tarot reading  COMPLETE
I'm going to consider this completed because I really have done some Tarot reading for myself.  I am still very clunky and amateur at it, and I hope to keep going with it.

8.  Read 4 of these unfinished reads --- Story of B, Ode Less Traveled, Anna Karenina, Jim Henson: The Biography, Snobs by Julian FellowsBird Cloud by Annie Proulx, Savage Beauty (biography of Edna St. Vincent Millay) - PROGRESS
Still reading the Jim Henson biography.  Moving very slowly but the best I can.

9.  Watch these 15 movies:  NoahRushThe ApartmentMaleficentSweetie by Jane CampionHateship Loveship, Easy Rider, Dirty Dancing, MaidentripLaggiesDear White People, FridaSaving Mr. BanksCarouselAcross the Universe - PROGRESS
I watched Easy Rider this week.  I both really liked parts of it, and was then completely not into other parts of it. The ending came as a bit of a surprise.  It was cool to watch this classic!  Now, just got to get my hands on this one last movie to watch!

10.  Watch these 10 British movies/miniseries: The Riot Club, God Help the Girl, PrideCalvaryNowhere BoyBirdsongParade's EndArchipelagoThe Selfish GiantOrlando - COMPLETED

11.  Get back into Master's Program and work towards finish.  COMPLETED

12.  Put together a collection of poetry & get one poem published - No Progress

13.  Finish writing a film script - No Progress

14.  Pay off another of my student loans COMPLETED Week 29

15.  Create postcards with art or photos from family members or friends - No Progress
I wonder if I can do this soon or not . . .

16.  Make scrapbook for 2015 - No Progress

17.  Keep blogging & Write a post for a professional blog - COMPETED

18.  Go to 3 film festivals - COMPLETED Week 35

19.  Learn more about car maintenance - No Progress

20.  Do more music stuff - No progress

21.  Learn to use a sewing machine - No Progress

22.  Minor financial task I've been putting off - No Progress

23.  Do a freelance/volunteer video project  COMPLETED

24.  Write an essay on Snow White & the Huntsman - No progress

25.  Plan something for my birthday! No Progress
I meant to book lodging this weekend, but I forgot.  Perhaps this week!

26.  Get my elbow sorted out (it hurts frequently) - No Progress

27.  Do #52FilmsByWomen  - PROGRESS
I watched Leah Meyerhoff's I Believe in Unicorns.  I thought the premise was a little unoriginal, but the execution was really creative.  There were dream sequences that were really provocative and the music was gorgeous.

Bonus Goals
  • Make postcards from my photos - I recieved the postcards I ordered and they turned pretty good!  I've sent some out on their way through the postal service! Hurrah!
  • Get something tailored - No Progress
  • Buy a new laptop - I still have to transfer a bunch of my files around.
Progress on 3/18 (1/2 Bonus Goals)

No comments:

Post a Comment