Wednesday, January 25, 2017

28 Things Progress Report: Week 23

Boy do American politics make it tough to get anything done!  It seems like every couple days there is something crazy going on that requires time to read up on and decide how to react--- laugh, cry, scream, organize.  I'm trying to stay focused on my goals when I can, but it is hard with so many important things demanding my attention in addition to the usual--- work, school, doggie.

1. Finish #52FilmsByWomen challenge (goes until end of 2016)

PROGRESS:  I drew up a fab plan to get the remaining 7 films watched, but I fell behind last week.  Instead of 4 films I only watched two.  I finally watched Double Happiness (yes, internal library loans!) and I also watched After the Wedding after I heard Hugh Laurie praise the director at the Golden Globes.

2. Collect the rest of the state quarters I am missing (I am missing Hawaii, Nebraska, Michigan, and Iowa) - COMPLETED


3. Watch these 12 films : The Darjeeling Limited, Wild, Trainspotting, Equity, Carol, Absolutely Fabulous The Movie, A Little Chaos, Songs My Brothers Taught Me, Diary of a Teenage Girl, Imitation of Life, The Fits, Brief Encounter 

No Progress

4. Read these 3 feminist reads: To the Lighthouse, The Feminine Mystique, The Beauty Myth, Americanah, We Were Feminist Once

No Progress


5. Read 3 of these books that I own or have started reading: Shrill, Growing Pains (Billie Piper's autobiography), Savage Grace, Anna Karenina

TINY PROGRESS: I found my copy of Growing Pains.  I can't seem to find my copy of Savage Grace!  It must be around here some where

6. Visit Lambert Castle in Paterson, NJ

No Progress - I am probably going to try to do this later in the spring when the weather might be nicer.

7. Get my passport

No Progress

8. Make some awesome posters for the Women's March --- COMPLETED

PROGRESS/COMPLETED - This goal helped me keep my head in the game and commit to going to the Women's March in DC.  I procrastinated a little on this, but I knew I would be so disappointed in myself if I didn't make some signs that I believed in the for match.  I made 3 so that I could share with others in my party:

  • Feminism is for everyone.
  • Mni Wiconi, Water is Life, Rezpect Native Women
  • This is what patriotism looks like

9. Finish off another student loan COMPLETED


10. Start to learn to play the drums

No Progress

11.  Draft an outline for a narrative film (short or feature)

No Progress

12. Write a song

No Progress

13. Move  COMPLETE 


14. Put together an anthology of my Grandmother's poems

No Progress 

15. Lose a bit of weight

TINY PROGRESS: I am not sure if I actually lost weight because the scale is not working, but I feel like I might have.  I feel better.  Initially, within a week or so of cutting out soda and buying junk food, I gained back the 3-4 lbs I had lost somehow.  This was a bit dismaying, but I told myself to calm down because it really wasn't that big a deal and it was only the first week.

16. Put together a collection of poems (~30 poems, approx 2 new poems each month)

TINY PROGRSS: I wrote a new poem and editing a few old ones yet more!  Art is never finished, only abandoned.

17. Learn to use a sewing machine

No Progress


18. Go to see the Lion King on Broadway

No Progress

19. Get a new doctor

No Progress

20. Keep blogging & try to write for a new blog

No Progress

21. Produce a short film (either my own film or for someone else)

No Progress

22. Go on a date

No Progress

23. Get something tailored

No Progress

24. Start a short, daily journal

No Progress - I fell behind on this over the weekend and I have too swamped to catch up.  Must do that ASAP!


25. Write one of the articles/think pieces I've been contemplating (Snow White & the Huntsman, Bones, Pretty Little Liars, loud women)

No Progress

26. Learn either InDesign or Photoshop from Adobe Creative Suite

No Progress

27. Begin research & development for documentary project at work 

No Progress

28. Write fan letters to writers Fraser McAlpine and Brian Jay Jones

No Progress

Bonus Goals:
  • Practice changing a tire - No Progress
  • Establish a hair styling routine - No Progress
  • Create postcards from friends' art or photos - No Progress
  • Write a draft of my practicum paper (not due until Sept 2017) - No Progress
Totals: Progress on 5/26 goals, 0/4 Bonus goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment