Tuesday, September 12, 2017

29 Things Before 30

I'm going be 30 soon!  It's scary and exciting!  It's motivating to get some sh!t done before then!

I've been fine tuning these for over a week and now I'm going to force myself to stop and post them or I will never get on with it.

I decided to try to add some deadlines to my goals to help me actually accomplish them, remember them, and get through the times of year when I lose motivation and focus.  Last year, I largely abandoned my goals and goal-keeping because of the great fiasco of American politics, and because I actually finished my Master's degree a semester earlier than planned!  So I accomplished a big goal I had not even planned on tackling quite that vigorously last year!  But regardless, this year I want to do better.

  1. Work on my poetry (Poetry Journal) - year round
  2. Lose weight - year long
  3. Learn rudimentary spanish - year long
  4. Make a film of some kind each month (outside of work) - year long
  5. Actually do my blog post each month - year long
  6. Do a really good job at my mentoring program! - year long
  7. Watch These Movies:
    1. The Butler (Sept)
    2. As Good As You (Oct)
    3. Spirited Away (Nov)
    4. La Dolce Vita (Dec)
    5. I Am Not Your Negro (Jan)
    6. Wild (Feb)
    7. Daughters of the Dust (Mar)
    8. Imitations of Life (April)
    9. Song of the Sea (May)
    10. Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee (June)
    11. Carol (July)
    12. Patti Cakes (Aug)
  8. Read Books That I Own:  
    1. Girl with a Gun (Sept)
    2. How to Not Be a Boy (Oct)
    3. Savage Grace (Nov)
    4. Too Fat, Too Slutty, Too Loud (Dec)
    5. All the Single Ladies (Jan)
    6. Women In Clothes (Feb)
    7. The Beauty Myth (April)
    8. We Were Feminist Once (June)
    9. Peter Pan (July)
    10. Swamplandia (Aug)
  9. Finish my audiobooks
    1. Dear Fatty (Sept)
    2. The Invention of Nature (Nov)
    3. The Feminine Mystique (Dec)
    4. Vile Bodies (Feb)
    5. Ghost, Edith Wharton short stories (April)
    6. Dancing in the Street (June)
    7. The Forgotten Room (Aug)
  10. Set up a scrapbook for the year - (Sept)
  11. Change a tire - (Nov)
  12. Go see Spectacular Gems exhibit at Hillwood - (Nov)
  13. Get passport (By Dec)
  14. Send Christmas cards (Dec)
  15. Get new art framed (Dec)
  16. Get something tailored (Jan)
  17. Have closet clear-out, get rid of stuff!!!! - (Jan)
  18. Learn two of the suits of the minor arcana (one set by Feb, one set by Aug)
  19. Get a new doctor (By Feb)
  20. Go to the dentist (By March)
  21. Cook a roast or chicken/turkey (By May)
  22. Do a ghost tour in Baltimore (June)
  23. Finish Grandma’s poetry collection (July)
  24. Sort out pension (By July)
  25. Learn the history of India
  26. Learn more about starting a business (proprietorships, LLCs, liability & taxes)
  27. Write a first draft of something creative (Aug)
  28. Go see Jim Henson exhibit at MoMI
  29. Go to the theatre 4 times

Bonus Goals:
  • Get t-shirt quilt made
  • Go on a Have You Met Newark? tour
  • Plan a trip to Newport (Aug)
  • Visit Paterson
  • See the Lion King
  • Reread a classic like The Return of the Native or My Antonia
  • Do a sewing project

No comments:

Post a Comment