Sunday, December 3, 2017

29 Things: Week 14

This past week got a bit crazy! I'm really hoping to refocus and get back into the swing of things with the new year.  In my head, I'm already at the Christmas holidays, so I've got to take the next several weeks to get more focused and recenter myself around my goals.

1. Work on my poetry (Poetry Journal) - year round

PROGRESS - I went on a short poetry-inspiring excursion this week and drafted about 2.5-3 new poems.  I'm trying to become more aware of when I'm getting inspired, and the write things down immediately.

2. Lose weight - year long

No Progress.  I didn't even get to the gym at all this week!

3. Learn rudimentary Spanish - year long

No progress.

4. Make a film of some kind each month (outside of work) - year long

No progress.  I had a really good idea for this but I didn't do my one for November! Tsk tsk.

5. Actually do my blog post each month - year long

No progress.  Perhaps I can remedy this this week.

6. Do a really good job at my mentoring program! - year long

PROGRESS - I saw my mentor at a networking event, I cataloged my upcoming tasks AND after 2 months of stalling, I did an application my mentor recommended to me.

7. Watch These Movies:

PROGRESS - I'm having troubled tracking down a digital version of Spirited Away, so I finally watched Wild.  I really admire some of the artistry of how Wild was made, and how it went about depicting life as experienced not as a linear chronology but everything one experience constantly happening and re-happening all at the same time.
  • The Butler (Sept)
  • As Good As You (Oct)
  • Spirited Away (Nov)
  • La Dolce Vita (Dec)
  • I Am Not Your Negro (Jan)
  • Wild (Feb)
  • Daughters of the Dust (Mar)
  • Imitations of Life (April)
  • Song of the Sea (May)
  • Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee (June)
  • Carol (July)
  • Patti Cakes (Aug)

8. Read Books That I Own:

TINYPROGRESS. I'm trying to finish Savage Grace.  Also I just realized that this book is 500pg long and not 400 as I had thought, so I actually have 100 more pages in addition to the 80 pages I thought I had!  Eek!
  • Girl with a Gun (Sept)
  • How to Not Be a Boy (Oct) 
  • Savage Grace (Nov)
  • Too Fat, Too Slutty, Too Loud (Dec)
  • All the Single Ladies (Jan)
  • Women In Clothes (Feb)
  • The Beauty Myth (April)
  • We Were Feminist Once (June)
  • Peter Pan (July)
  • Swamplandia (Aug)

9. Finish my audiobooks

TINYPROGRESS - I haven't made much progress, but I have officially started listening to the Feminine Mystique again, wishing I could recommend it to several people I know who would probably identify with a bunch of the stuff she's talking about!
  • The Invention of Nature (Sept)
  • Dear Fatty (Oct)
  • Ghost, Edith Wharton short stories (Nov)
  • Vile Bodies (Jan)
  • The Forgotten Room (Dec)
  • The Feminine Mystique (Feb)
  • Dancing in the Street (June)

10. Set up a scrapbook for the year - (Sept)

No Progress

11. Change a tire - (Nov) COMPLETE


12. Go see Spectacular Gems exhibit at Hillwood - (Nov) COMPLETE!


13. Get passport (By Dec)

TINYPROGRESS - I got another copy of the paperwork since I've misplaced the copy I already had.

14. Send Christmas cards (Dec)

No Progress.  Debating if I want to actually do this.

15. Get new art framed (Dec)

PROGRESS - There was a sale this week.  I was planning on going on Friday to get a bunch of things framed in one swoop, but then felt tired and like I couldn't make decisions, but sucked it up and went anyways.  I'm a little nervous, like maybe I will regret my choices.  But then again, I felt like that the last time and I'm happy with how that one turned out.

16. Get something tailored (Jan)

No Progress

17. Have closet clear-out, get rid of stuff!!!! - (Jan)

TINYPROGRESS - I posted some new things on the app I sell on.

18. Learn two of the suits of the minor arcana (one set by Feb, one set by Aug)

No Progress

19. Get a new doctor (By Feb)

No Progress.

20. Go to the dentist (By March)

No Progress.

21. Cook a roast or chicken/turkey (By May)

No Progress

22. Do a ghost tour in Baltimore (June)

No Progress

23. Finish Grandma’s poetry collection (July)

No Progress

24. Sort out pension (By July)

No Progress

25. Learn the history of India

No Progress

26. Learn more about starting a business (proprietorships, LLCs, liability & taxes)

No Progress

27. Write a first draft of something creative (Aug)

No Progress

28. Go see Jim Henson exhibit at MoMI

No Progress

29. Go to the theatre 4 times. 1/4

No Progress.

Bonus Goals:

  • Get t-shirt quilt made 
  • Go on a Have You Met Newark? tour 
  • Plan a trip to Newport 
  • Visit Paterson
  • See the Lion King
  • Reread a classic like The Return of the Native or My Antonia
  • Do a sewing project

Total: 

Progress on 5/27 Goals and 0/7 Bonus Goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment