Monday, December 18, 2017

29 Things: Week 16

I keep thinking that I will accomplish everything in the week I have off for the holidays.  But that is foolish. I think I need to spend a day reexamining my goals and doing some planning and setting small benchmarks because otherwise I forget what my big goals really are when trying to decide how to spend my time on a daily basis.

1. Work on my poetry (Poetry Journal) - year round

PROGRESS - I spent a few hours over several evenings redrafting some new poems from my journals and editing.  A few of them are in bad shape and a few are in good shape.  It is hard to ever think of anything as finished.  I am constantly making small adjustments.

2. Lose weight - year long

No Progress.  I didn't even get to the gym at all this week!

3. Learn rudimentary Spanish - year long

No progress.

4. Make a film of some kind each month (outside of work) - year long

No progress.

5. Actually do my blog post each month - year long

No progress.  I really want to work on this.  I've just been feeling to angry to feel like I would do a sensible job writing.

6. Do a really good job at my mentoring program! - year long

PROGRESS - I got into a professional organization my mentor recommended and volunteered at an event!

7. Watch These Movies:

No Progress.  I really want to watch Daughters of the Dust soon, so maybe I will try to catch up on that one first.  I have also not been feeling up for emotionally wrenching content lately.
  • The Butler (Sept)
  • As Good As You (Oct)
  • Spirited Away (Nov)
  • Daughters of the Dust (Dec)
  • I Am Not Your Negro (Jan)
  • Wild (Feb)
  • La Dolce Vita (Mar)
  • Imitations of Life (April)
  • Song of the Sea (May)
  • Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee (June)
  • Carol (July)
  • Patti Cakes (Aug)

8. Read Books That I Own:

No Progress.  I got discouraged once I realized I had 100 more pages than I thought I did.
  • Girl with a Gun (Sept)
  • How to Not Be a Boy (Oct) 
  • Savage Grace (Nov)
  • Too Fat, Too Slutty, Too Loud (Dec)
  • All the Single Ladies (Jan)
  • Women In Clothes (Feb)
  • The Beauty Myth (April)
  • We Were Feminist Once (June)
  • Peter Pan (July)
  • Swamplandia (Aug)

9. Finish my audiobooks

No Progress.
  • The Invention of Nature (Sept)
  • Dear Fatty (Oct)
  • Ghost, Edith Wharton short stories (Nov)
  • Vile Bodies (Jan)
  • The Forgotten Room (Dec)
  • The Feminine Mystique (Feb)
  • Dancing in the Street (June)

10. Set up a scrapbook for the year - (Sept)

No Progress

11. Change a tire - (Nov) COMPLETE


12. Go see Spectacular Gems exhibit at Hillwood - (Nov) COMPLETE!


13. Get passport (By Dec)

TINYPROGRESS - I made an appointment for the end of this month so I should complete this before the new year!

14. Send Christmas cards (Dec)

No Progress.  Maybe I will do After-Christmas cards?

15. Get new art framed (Dec)

PROGRESS - I got one thing out of 4!  Unforunately, there were problems with the other 3 so I had to send them back.  Maybe I will get these before the end of the year.

16. Get something tailored (Jan)

No Progress

17. Have closet clear-out, get rid of stuff!!!! - (Jan)

No Progress.

18. Learn two of the suits of the minor arcana (one set by Feb, one set by Aug)

No Progress

19. Get a new doctor (By Feb)

No Progress.

20. Go to the dentist (By March)

No Progress.

21. Cook a roast or chicken/turkey (By May)

No Progress

22. Do a ghost tour in Baltimore (June)

No Progress

23. Finish Grandma’s poetry collection (July)

No Progress

24. Sort out pension (By July)

No Progress

25. Learn the history of India

No Progress

26. Learn more about starting a business (proprietorships, LLCs, liability & taxes)

No Progress

27. Write a first draft of something creative (Aug)

No Progress

28. Go see Jim Henson exhibit at MoMI

No Progress

29. Go to the theatre 4 times. 1/4

No Progress.

Bonus Goals:

  • Get t-shirt quilt made 
  • Go on a Have You Met Newark? tour 
  • Plan a trip to Newport 
  • Visit Paterson
  • See the Lion King
  • Reread a classic like The Return of the Native or My Antonia
  • Do a sewing project

Total: 

Progress on 4/27 Goals and 0/7 Bonus Goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment