Sunday, December 31, 2017

29 Things: Week 18

Haha, it is New Year's Eve which means tomorrow I will be full of renewed confidence and drive to get my goals done, right!

1. Work on my poetry (Poetry Journal) - year round

PROGRESS - I have written several new poems and am reworking some older ones from my journals.  I think I'm up to 43 real poems; I think most of them could probably still use some work, but it is exciting to see so many when a few years ago I had maybe 12 and the idea of having more than 30 was really daunting.

2. Lose weight - year long

No Progress.  I feel like I lost weight but I haven't weighed myself in a few weeks.

3. Learn rudimentary Spanish - year long

No progress.

4. Make a film of some kind each month (outside of work) - year long

No progress. Gah, I have been meaning to get around to this but I haven't!

5. Actually do my blog post each month - year long

No progress.  I started working on a post yesterday but I did not finish!

6. Do a really good job at my mentoring program! - year long

PROGRESS - I did a bunch of prep for our latest phone meeting. We had a great conversation and she gave me movies to watch, things to think about, and excitement about trying new things.  I also looked up some workshops that I might want to attend to start learning some new skills.

7. Watch These Movies:

PROGRESS : I got really inspired to watch Carol so I did.  I really liked it and immediately read a bunch of articles about it and nearly watched it again immediately.  
  • The Butler (Sept)
  • As Good As You (Oct)
  • I Am Not Your Negro (Nov)
  • Carol (Dec)
  • Daughters of the Dust (Jan)
  • Wild (Feb)
  • La Dolce Vita (Mar)
  • Imitations of Life (April)
  • Song of the Sea (May)
  • Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee (June)
  • Spirited Away (July)
  • Patti Cakes (Aug)

8. Read Books That I Own:

No Progress.  I am still stuck on Savage Grace. Maybe I should try one of the other books in the meantime.  I am also reading Big Magic because someone gave it to me and it is very easy to read. I'm halfway through.
  • Girl with a Gun (Sept)
  • How to Not Be a Boy (Oct) 
  • Savage Grace (Nov)
  • Too Fat, Too Slutty, Too Loud (Dec)
  • All the Single Ladies (Jan)
  • Women In Clothes (Feb)
  • The Beauty Myth (April)
  • We Were Feminist Once (June)
  • Peter Pan (July)
  • Swamplandia (Aug)

9. Finish my audiobooks

PROGRESS. I've been listening to the Feminine Mystique in 15-20 min chunks at a time.  Still have a lot left.
  • The Invention of Nature (Sept)
  • Dear Fatty (Oct)
  • Ghost, Edith Wharton short stories (Nov)
  • Vile Bodies (Jan)
  • The Forgotten Room (Dec)
  • The Feminine Mystique (Feb)
  • Dancing in the Street (June)

10. Set up a scrapbook for the year - (Sept)

No Progress

11. Change a tire - (Nov) COMPLETE


12. Go see Spectacular Gems exhibit at Hillwood - (Nov) COMPLETE!


13. Get passport (By Dec)

PROGRESS - I submitted my application, which means if all goes well I should have my passport in a few weeks!

14. Send Christmas cards (Dec)

No Progress.  Ermmm, I might need to get a new goal here.

15. Get new art framed (Dec)

No Progress - I had to send them back AGAIN.  Hoping to get them during the upcoming week! So close to completing this one!

16. Get something tailored (Jan)

No Progress

17. Have closet clear-out, get rid of stuff!!!! - (Jan)

No Progress.

18. Learn two of the suits of the minor arcana (one set by Feb, one set by Aug)

TINYPROGRESS - I've been trying to use the suits more in readings so I get more practice remembering the meanings.  I should start using my flashcard app again because I'm starting to forget what I've learned.  I have a pretty good handle on cups, and had started working on wands.

19. Get a new doctor (By Feb)

No Progress.

20. Go to the dentist (By March)

No Progress.

21. Cook a roast or chicken/turkey (By May)

No Progress

22. Do a ghost tour in Baltimore (June)

No Progress

23. Finish Grandma’s poetry collection (July)

No Progress

24. Sort out pension (By July)

No Progress

25. Learn the history of India

No Progress

26. Learn more about starting a business (proprietorships, LLCs, liability & taxes)

No Progress

27. Write a first draft of something creative (Aug)

TINYPROGRESS - I started working on some writing projects this week again.  Just haphazardly but it's better than nothing.

28. Go see Jim Henson exhibit at MoMI

No Progress

29. Go to the theatre 4 times. 1/4

No Progress.

Bonus Goals:

  • Get t-shirt quilt made 
  • Go on a Have You Met Newark? tour 
  • Plan a trip to Newport 
  • Visit Paterson, NJ
  • See the Lion King
  • Reread a classic like The Return of the Native or My Antonia
  • Do a sewing project

Total: 

Progress on 7/27 Goals and 0/7 Bonus Goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment