Friday, December 26, 2014

Music this week: aka music this Decemeber

Here are some tunes that have been helping me get through this month . . .

(1)  Froot - Marina and the Diamonds
Marina has a new album coming out soon!  The more I listen to this track the more fun I think it is and the more clever I find this lyrics.  She also has the haunting Happy on this album.



(2) Fall into Your Arms - Bastille VS. The Gemma Sharples Quartet
I've obsessed over so many songs on this mixtape album, first The Driver, then Torn Apart, then Bite Down.  I didn't really stop to give this song a chance until recently, and I was overwhelmed by its beauty.  I wish it wasn't such a fleeting piece.


(3) Free to Love - LP
I found out really late that LP had put out her first studio album full of all sorts of new songs.  I've got the whole music video for this one worked out, in case anyone wants to consult me.


(4) It's Not For Me To Say - She & Him
I got this album because I had the beautiful opportunity to hear them perform Unchained Melody live and it was gorgeous.  I also dig this genre of music.   This song was one of the first tracks on the album I could learn the lyrics to and sing along super quickly.  I also can't help but take pleasure in the bouncy rhythm of the last couple lines every time.


(5) Blue Christmas - Charles Esten & Vince Gill
I have come to accept that this is one of my favorite Christmas songs.  (Crank up the Elvis!)  I just can't help but sing along, especially with this country twang!

No comments:

Post a Comment