Thursday, August 18, 2016

28 Things Before 29

29!  That number is a bit scary!  It's a reminder that 30 is coming so soon!  There are so many thing I want to get off and running before 30! Luckily, the good news is that I am not there yet!  I'm not even at 29 yet.  So this year is an important year to keep making progress.

Here are my goals for this new year:
  1. Finish #52FilmsByWomen challenge (goes until end of 2016)
  2. Collect the rest of the state quarters I am missing (I am missing Hawaii, Nebraska, Michigan, and Iowa)
  3. Watch these 12 films : The Darjeeling Limited, Wild, Trainspotting, Equity, Carol, Absolutely Fabulous The Movie, 8 1/2, Songs My Brothers Taught Me, Diary of a Teenage Girl, Day for Night, The Fits, Brief Encounter
  4. Read these 4 feminist reads: To the Lighthouse, The Feminine Mystique, The Beauty Myth, Americanah
  5. Read 3 of these books that I own or have started reading: Shrill, We Were Feminist Once, Savage Grace, Anna Karenina, Lean In
  6. Visit Lambert Castle in Paterson, NJ
  7. Get my passport
  8. Get involved in local alumni film festival or environmental film festival
  9. Finish off another student loan
  10. Start to learn to play the drums
  11. Complete a serious outline for a screenplay
  12. Write a song
  13. Move
  14. Put together an anthology of my Grandmother's poems
  15. Lose a bit of weight
  16. Put together a collection of poems (30 poems, assuming that I have a solid 10 poems already that means approx 2 new poems each month)
  17. Learn to use a sewing machine
  18. Go to see the Lion King on Broadway
  19. Get a new doctor
  20. Keep blogging & try to write for a new blog
  21. Produce a short film (either my own film or for someone else)
  22. Go on a date
  23. Get something tailored
  24. Start a short, daily journal
  25. Write one of the articles/think pieces I've been contemplating (Snow White & the Huntsman, Bones, Pretty Little Liars, loud women)
  26. Learn either InDesign or Photoshop from Adobe Creative Suite
  27. Begin research & development for documentary project at work
  28. Write fan letters to writers Fraser McAlpine and Brian Jay Jones
Bonus Goals:
  • Practice changing a tire
  • Start a scrapbook for life events
  • Create postcards from friends' art or photos
  • Write a draft of my practicum paper (not due until end of 2017)

No comments:

Post a Comment