Wednesday, October 26, 2011

In the Papier: Pigmented Insects

I love stationary.

I love sending letters and notes to people. I love writing addresses on envelopes and sticking on the stamps. But best of all, I LOVE sending people letters and notes that are a visual party. Stationary and note cards feature some really beautiful, funky and creative art, full of cool colors, shapes, images, interpretations and materials. It is so enjoyable to receive provoking visuals in the mail along with the latest news from your pals, and it is so enjoyable to browse the stationary stores and aisles until you find something you think your correspondents will get a kick out of or really really love. I still have many many cards people have sent me over the years either because they are beautiful or because I can tell the person put a lot of thought and effort into picking a card they knew I would really love or would really speak to me.

So much love can go into that simple, little physical packet of paper.

As such, I'm going to start sharing with you some of my finds, starting with these cards featuring insects against some gorgeous colors. I've started to get really into butterflies, so I think that's what drew me to these initially when I picked these up at Michael's off one of those $1 stands. They are a little cheap-looking, but still very pretty.


The orange one is easily my favorite.


These are done under the label "Studio18" by Rachel Tribble, and distributed by International Greetings USA.

2 comments:

  1. Funny...I received the butterfly card from someone as a thank you...it's displayed on my office wall.

    ReplyDelete