Saturday, August 25, 2012

In the Papier: Historical National Park Poster postcards

My sister just sent us a few postcards from her travels, and they were really groovy.


This postcard was designed in the style of the WPA posters from the 30s/40s by Ranger Doug's Enterprises.  I definitely plan to explore their site more.  Ranger Doug has a blog!  Gotta check it out.

This was my favorite, done in a similar style.  Not sure if it is a reproduction of a vintage poster or original artwork from Lantern Press.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you liked them. It was hard to find different ones since I was sending them to 5 different addresses. The Luray caverns ones were especially hard since they all seemed to have pictures with other peoples' families from the 80s. This one is a more artsy version of the only other one that looked decent. I was lucky and found this single card in the wrong slot.

    ReplyDelete