Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Music this week: Oldies but goodies!

Two weekends ago, I visited some historical homes for a fun and local(ish) holiday.  I visited the Winterthur Museum & Gardens in Delaware and the Physick Estate in Cape May, NJ.  Both of the homes were beautiful and full of fascinating little details, and it was a very fun and full weekend!

All of this rummaging around in the past got me in the mood for some old-timey tunes!  Here is a selection of the my favorites I've come across lately:

1. "Too Young" - Nat King Cole


I've always loved Nat King Cole's smooth voice.  And this sweeping, romantic song is just the thing.

2. "Let Us Be Sweethearts" - Guy Mitchell


Yes, let's.

3.  Love Letters In the Sand - Bert Ambrose


This song is actually sad but deceptively jolly-sounding.  You just want to get up and dance (unfortunately on this grave of the singer's fickle romance).  This one was on repeat a lot!

Bonus:

4. Cosmic  -  The Special Ks

Ok, I also stumbled across this pop (electronic?) band and enjoyed their tunes.  My favorites were Cosmic and Crystal Fields.

Listen here.

1 comment:

  1. Big fan of Crystal Fields! I like their version of Evil Woman, too. The lead singer has a fun voice...

    ReplyDelete