Thursday, February 19, 2015

Goals: Focus for Week 23

Identifying specific focus areas didn't really help the last time I did this, but I thought I would give it another go.  I find it is really easy to decided to keep watching one more episode of something on Netflix or revisit my Pinterest feed one more time, when the specific things I wanted to accomplish are not forefront in my mind.  And then suddenly, I find myself at the end of the week not having done any of the things I wanted to that week and was completely capable of having done.

There are only 4 more day of this week left (including today) so I want to refocus myself and prove to myself that I can been more responsible and dedicated to what I say I want.   I'd also like to make event tiny progress on some of the goals I have accomplished very little on or mostly ignored.

1.  Get a new job and move. 
STEP 1  Go through my job notification emails that I've been ignoring, and see if there is anything I want to apply to

This will not be hard or even take that much time.  Plus it will help de-clutter my inbox.

2.  Make my own postcards.
I want to open up Photoshop and at least begin looking at how difficult or hard it will be to create my postcard backs using that software.

3.  Write a script
Spend at least two hours working on my screenplay outlines, and one hour on a short-film concept.

4. Publish a poem 
1 hour of research on places to publish

5. Track my spending/budget
Come up with some financial goals for the year, and brainstorm some ways to accomplish those. 

6. Apply for a passport 
Identify how one applies for a passport. 

16.  Keep to a blogging schedule 
Spend some time on Friday coming up with post ideas. 

17.  Help a friend make her film a reality.
Write up my thoughts.
Email my friend to see where she is with her script.
Spend an hour researching funding opportunities.

18.  Start learning a little web design
Make progress on Code Academy for at least 1 session

19.  Finish books I have already started
Spend at least 1 hour reading Survival of the Prettiest

20.  Organize a Clothing Swap or Yard Sale
There is one avenue of inquiry that I want to try to gauge if there might be some interest in my idea.

23.  Watch these 10 classic movies that I have never seen
Track down where I can find a copy of Malcolm X

 25.  Complete some family projects
I should be able to look through the wedding photos once and read the notes on the scrapbook!

No comments:

Post a Comment