Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Envying London: the plays the thing!

One of my favorite up-and-coming young British actresses, Felicity Jones, was on the front page of the arts section of the NY Times today! Yay!

She is performing in a new play, "Luise Miller," about political corruption, intrigue, and the undoing of young, honest folk in love. Sounds great! Too bad I can't see it because it is in London.

The dashing Ben Daniels is in it too playing an evil chancellor. But I still can't see him, because like the rest of the play & ensemble, he is in London. But he is looking devilishly handsome in the photo for the article! Some small consolation.

Alex Kingston is in this too, playing the mistress to the prince. WHY CAN'T I SEE THIS? Meanwhile, the Doctor and Donna Noble, oops, I mean David Tennant and Catherine Tate are having a boozy 80s jamboree as Benedick and Beatrice in Much Ado About Nothing. Kevin Spacey is playing Richard III; Dominic West and Paul McGann are also treading the boards . . .

If I lived in London (and had the money for it too, while I am dreaming) I would seriously be at the theatre every night!

No comments:

Post a Comment