Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Les jeunes filles qui portent des lunettes de soleil, Item 1

People collect all sorts of things. For example.

I've started collecting ads I like from magazines that feature young women wearing sun glasses. A such, I've dubbed the collection "Young women/girls who wear sunglasses" but in French, because that makes it sound much more debonair.
Sun glasses add so much character yet aloof coolness to a person's ambiance. But I also love the irony of the pictures as sun glasses are supposed to hide you, shield you from the inquisitive eye of the on-looker and yet, because these are ads I can look at them as much as I want! hahaha!

I don't select every ad I see with young women wearing sun glasses, just the ones I like. Some criteria I might consider: not-boring, cool sunglasses?, would I want to be friends with these people (if I was forced to make such a decision based solely on a photograph of them wearing sun glasses), it is artistically interesting.

For slow days, thought I'd start sharing some of my selections. Tell me what you think of them. Are they worthy?

P.S. As I am a novice, I haven't recorded what magazine or product these are coming from. Sometimes you can tell, sometimes you can't, sorry.

Item 1:

1 comment:

  1. I like these! Too bad I cannot wear rectangular frames...I have a sharp jawline.

    ReplyDelete