Monday, September 30, 2013

Life Update

My favorite Pinterest pin of last week.  Originally from the spread found here.
September is over already!  It has been super busy for me!

Work has been so busy and yet I haven't accomplished everything I wanted to get done.  We have had a lot of equipment breaking . . . a lot of it is old and abused, so it is not that unexpected, but it is annoying that it had to happen right now when we are in the thick of things!  Also, my main team member and right-hand-gal got another job, so I've had to be a bit of a one-man-band most of the month and now am breaking in my new teammate.

In terms of personal goals, I'm pleased that I've gotten started on several things, and have gotten involved in a couple other creative things with people.  On top of doing some work on writing projects and a new blog idea (which involves recruiting some people to work with me as well as getting some technical assistance), I've been trying to post more consistently on this blog, doing some editing work for a friend, and getting more involved in the planning of our family reunion in July.  I've also been trying to get back into exercising more frequently (I took a bit of a hiatus in July-August and also got sick/injured a couple times), catching some British TV (Broadchurch and Hollow Crown, anyone?), and trying to schedule some fun cultural outings.  Plus there is that whole job search thing to do.

I'm at a point where I think I need to take a moment and assess what I'm committed to and how I'm going to manage it.  I feel really good about having so much to fill my time, but I need to make sure I'm controlling it and not the other way around!  I also don't want to let things slide accidentally because in several cases other people are depending on me.

Other things:

1) So excited for the return of Nashville!  Easily one of my favorite shows ever.  I was really upset that I had to miss watching the premiere live because it conflicted with the Broadchurch finale, but I'm prepared this week!  My friends who can't get over country music are really missing out!

2) I have become obsessed with getting all my Christmas shopping done.  (Three of my immediate family members have birthdays in December, so it is month of intense gift-giving, especially if I haven't planned ahead).  I've been taking advantage of some end-of-fall discounts, but unfortunately today some things arrived damaged!  SUCH A PAIN!!!  This was supposed to make my life easier!

3)  I've been a little obsessed with fashion lately.  There are so many sweaters and oxfords I've been wanting to buy (ok, maybe I did buy some of them).  I'm also on a quest to find the perfect skinny pants to wear under tunics or over-sized sweaters.  With my body-type things are either too tight or too loose at the waist or too short!  It is really frustrating/demoralizing.

4)  I'm really itching to do a bit of an overhaul on my wardrobe.  I've definitely have things that just don't fit into my life anymore.  I've started to pile them up on a table, and it is getting messy.  I'm also really itching to figure out how to start selling online.  If anyone has suggestions for good platforms let me know.  I may also need help with photographing, styling and modeling (especially those too-small clothes!).

5)  I can't seem to keep my room tidy to save my life!  Even though I'm a little bit of a hoarder, I think I'm usually a pretty tidy person, but this month my room has been a disaster!  Stuff just everywhere!  No matter if I clean up because the next day everything has exploded all over the place again!

6)  Sleepy Hollow: OMG such a bad bad show!  I got tricked into watching because John Cho is in it, but the whole time I've been watching the only thing I can think is "We need to save John Cho and get him out of this show! Why oh why is he in this show?"

No comments:

Post a Comment