Sunday, September 22, 2013

Music this week: Ladies! and one gentleman

I decided to check out a lot of those it-girls we've been hearing about for a while now but which I've never actually listened to really.

But first!  Florence:

1. Drumming Song - Florence + the Machine

I recently realized that this song didn't make it onto my ipod!  OH NO!!!! Now it is on my ipod and I've been listening it to lots since I'd been missing it for a long time!  And love the music video (features Florence's famous bat outfit).

2. Maria - West Side Story 

Ok yeah, this isn't a woman singing, but it's about a woman so it is still on theme.  I don't know why but I've been humming this song a lot lately.  It's a great song, especially when you are just purely listening to it.  It is probably one of the most beautiful songs I know, and definitely one of my favorite favorite love songs.  The thought of a boy so in in love he is just running around singing a girl's name over and over again is just fantastic.  The fact that he makes it into the beautiful beautiful song is even better.

Mariiiiaaaaa,  Mariiiiiiiaa, Marriiiiiiiiiiiiiaaa Maria.  MaRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIaaa MaRIIIIIIIIIIIIIaaa, MarIIIIIIIIIIIIIIAAA  . . . ok I'll stop now.

3.  How We Do (Party) - Rita Ora

This song is so catchy and happy.

4. Sad Dream - Sky Ferreira

This song is not happy but I find calming.

5. Hurting Me Now - Sia

Ok I finally figured out how to use the 'radio' feature on Spotify and was listening to a Marina and the Diamonds radio and there was a lot of Sia on it.  I like it.  This was the song that really caught my attention, although I also really really like Bring Night--- super danceable.

6.  Lovers In The Parking Lot - Solange

Her music is not really my style, but I find a bunch of her songs catchy.  And this music video is fun.

7.  Dance With Me Tonight - Olly Murs

And finally the gentleman:  It is literally impossible to stay in a bad mood while listening to this song.

Although they do get a dance in at the end, I have to admit I am pretty disappointed that the music video was not just one big epic retro dance number.

No comments:

Post a Comment