Saturday, September 8, 2012

First Outfit Post! Material Girl, Day to Night

I've wanted to do outfit posts for a while, but I've had trouble finding a good place to take photos and figure out how to take them.  I finally just decided to use a wall in my bedroom and suck it up and give it a try.  Plus I got a lot of new things over Labor Day weekend (yay sales!) that I want to share!

It was actually rather difficult.  I think it took my 4 hours to finish the photos for 4-5 outfits!  And my pictures are really not that great (I was using my little rinkydink consumer digital camera).  And I DESTROYED my room.  It is covered in clothes.  This blogging is hard work! haha!  Hopefully it won't take me so long next time, since now I know what lighting I need and what stuff I have to move out of shot etc.

Anyways, here it goes!

I wore this outfit on Friday, featuring two new purchases from Material Girl.  I'm really proud of how I planned its day-to-night transition.

Work outfit
I forgot to wear the bracelet in this photo.
 Dress: Material Girl (at Macy's)
Sweater: local consignment store (bought when I was in highschool)
Belt: GSA clothing swap
Shoes: Candies (bought on sale at Kohls in 2006)
Bracelet: Macy's clearance
Reading: Ms magazine, Winter 2012 edition
Blues concert outfit.
I knew that I'd have to rush home from work on Friday in order to leave with the parents at 6:15pm--- heading to Red Bank to see Hugh Laurie and the Copper Bottom Band perform and sing the blues!  So I need a quick day-to-night transition, change of jacket, change of shoes, pop on a ring, done.
I didn't actually take this clutch with me to the concert though.  No time for a purse change!


Blazer: Material Girl
Necklace: Macy's Clearance (bought in 2011)
Ring: gift shop at the Carriage House Cafe & Tearoom, Cape May
Clutch: ModCloth
Boots: Madden Girl, DSW

I know it's a little silly, but I'm a fan of the Material Girl line.  I got a few Material Girl pieces from Macy's last year and this year.  The item I really had my eye on was the Material Girl blazer.  The cutout details are really pretty.


P.S. I can't believe I left my white board in the background of the shots of me.  It is super ugly and features a to-do list from Nov 2011.  Kind of embarrassing.

1 comment:

  1. ! :D glad you are sharing your awesome outfit planning with the world!!

    ReplyDelete