Sunday, September 2, 2012

In the Papier: Cape May Inns & Landmarks by Alice Steer Wilson

While visiting the Carriage House Tearoom in Cape May, I of course browsed the adjoining gift shop for the Physick Estate.  And of course, I happened upon some stationary (yes, more stationary!) that I couldn't leave without.


The buildings in Cape May are beautiful and these cards (prints of original paintings) really captured their beachy suniness, the delicate and grand architecture, and attractive Victorian aesthetics.  I was really glad to have the likenesses to remember and admire the place.


These paintings were all made by a local artist named Alice Steer Wilson, who painted in Cape May from the late 1960s until 2001.   You can see more of her artwork and learn more about her at the commemorative website www.alicesteerwilson.com.


These paintings also reminded me of the watercolors my grandmother paints, so makes them even more enjoyable for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment