Saturday, September 8, 2012

In the Papier: Doomed Young Love (Vintage DC Comics Part 3)

There are/were some pretty weird (and oh so stereotypical) comics for the ladies.  The sad protagonists are losing in love.  It's clobbering time on your self-esteem, girls!  Come on, fork over the 15 cents for the latest issue!  You know you want to!

Can any man be trusted????????

This is my favorite.  Find out who wins: Groovy Girl or The Doormat!
Even Supergirl's heart is broken.

Methinks it's time to give up on love.

2 comments:

  1. hahah this reminds me of the 1950s and 1960s versions of Better Homes and Gardens we found in the Cleveland thrift shop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I'm probably too late to reply, but vintage comics have always been a guilty pleasure of mine (although I'll never admit it anywhere else). Also: using "methinks" at the end cracked me up.

    ReplyDelete