Saturday, September 1, 2012

Music this week: 90s, some French, Country Strong, and some Singin In the Rain

It's been a long week.  So I've been listening to some relaxing and cheery music while I lounge around in preparation for the long, loungey weekend.

1. Let Me Be Your Wings - Thumbelina (soundtrack)


Much to the chagrin of my older sister who found this movie quite silly, this was one of my favorite movies when I was little.  This song was one of my childhood favorites.  And it is still **sigh** so romantic.  (And yes, I am still mad at the stupid, horrible toad that shows up right after this song and messes everything up for Thumbelina and Cornelius.)  I really wish the Barry Manilow version sound less, um . . . dated?

2.  Love Is All Around -  Wet Wet Wet (cover of The Troggs' song)


Another love song from the 90s!

3. You Were Mean For Me - Singin' in the Rain (soundtrack)


In keeping with romantic themes, another lovely, love song from the best movie ever made.

4.  La Vie Comme Elle Vient - Clemence


Randomly started listening to Clemence again this week (although I only have a few of her songs, they're a bit hard to find in the states).  Love the bouncy tune.

5. Timing Is Everything - Garrett  Hedlund (Country Strong soundtrack)


I finally watched Country Strong this week, and I really loved all the songs Beau (played by Garrett Hedlund) sung.  (Wasn't that into the Kelly Canter (Paltrow) songs for some reason.) Although, through the first half of the movie I was flipping out because I think Hedlund's voice sounds like a crazy Tim McGraw-Toby Keith hybid and I couldn't figure out if he was being dubbed by one of them.  And Tim McGraw was playing another character in the movie, so if he was dubbing Beau's voice that would have been really trippy.  Now, just got to watch Crazy Heart now!

6.  Sweet Nothing - Calvin Harris feat. FLORENCE WELCH


New collaboration between Florence and Calvin Harris to dance your stress away.  Thanks to my fantastico friend who kept me informed about this!



1 comment: