Sunday, September 16, 2012

Giraffes in Russia

When I was a kid doing my spelling homework, my dad helped me come up with mnemonics for words I just couldn't get my head around.  Giraffes was one of these words.  So we came up with

Giraffes
In
Russia
Always
Fight
For
Everything

This new tank top from American Rag, reminds me of that for some reason . . .

I've always really liked the American Rag's earthy, folky, almost hippie, yet urban and trendy ambiance.  I usually can't really afford too many of their pieces, but I got a pair of their jeans last year and scored two tank tops on sale this year!  The giraffe print really caught my eye.























I've also been really into patterned jeans!  I've got a couple new pairs and have been eying a couple more!
If I had to do it again, I probably wouldn't get these shoes. They're not super comfortable and the gold isn't holding up with time.  The shoe laces are also super flimsy.

Tank top: by American Rag, from Macy's clearance
Jeans: Macy's
Necklace: thrift store (4-5 years ago)
Shoes: Urban Outfitters clearance
Hat: on sale at Cracker Barrel (many moons ago)
Reading: Nylon Magazine, July 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment