Saturday, September 15, 2012

Saturday Adventures at Target & Elsewhere (but mostly at Target)

I had some fun documenting my Saturday adventures with some low quality phone pictures.  Thought it would be fun to share.

I started out planning to go to the library (partly as an excuse to take my new brown boots for a test drive!), which is near the Target.  So I decided I'd stop by to get a poster hanger if they were not too pricey.  On my way out the door, Dad asks if by the way I can pick up a part to the edger/trimmer/weed-wacker-thing/his-new-favorite-toy?  So I head to Home Depot first.

Home Depot was super fast.  I impressed myself by finding the item in question all by myself and in about three minutes.  Strangely though, there was only one cashier open on the complete opposite end of the store.  So I ended up walking the length of the store twice (once to check out and once to get back the car).

Next stop: Target.  The other reason I wanted to got to Target was to see if they had any of the new Kirna Zabete collection.  I've been eyeing these items online, but I wanted to see them in person if I could.  Price is an issue for me for most of the pieces, but I was somewhat interested in the pink or blue long sleeves and dresses done with stripes and kiss patterns (I dig lips/kiss patterns).  I didn't have high hopes that everything I was interested in would be at the local Target, because clothing-wise, it's usually a big disappointment.

As I suspected, there wasn't much.  But the blue dress was there.  I decided not to get it given the price, quality, and the fact that I'm not totally sold on the sheer ruffle on the bottom.  I would have been interested in the kiss-patterned scarf, but it wasn't anyplace to be seen.  I did however get the red lips ring, which I love.  (Talked myself out of getting the bracelet.) I also found another ring set on clearance.  There was a lot of jewelry on clearance; I nearly bought 5-8 things, but settled for just the one ring.  Come to think of it, most of my favorite casual, day-to-day rings were all bought on clearance at Target!


I'm proud to say I talked myself out of several things: a pair of boots that I really don't need, XL girls' t-shirts (I'm always jealous of the girls' clothing section at Target.  It is so much better than the women's selection most of the time.  But I really don't wear t-shirts that much, so couldn't legitimize spending money on them.), and 2-3 picture frames (although I did buy a couple picture frames).  I also pretty much avoided the stationary section.  Although I haven't been too impressed by Target's blank card packs of late, they do have a Papyrus section now.  So it's best to steer clear.

As a whole I was a little impressed with Target's women's clothing this time.  There were several casual sweater/sweat-shirts that I liked.  I also liked several of their handbags.  Everything is still $10 more than I'm willing to pay for an impulse purchase, so I'm safe for now.



Sorry, a bit blurry.
Fuzzy purse!  I told myself it would get dirty too easily.
I also was surprisingly attracted to these lamps.  If only dusting them would not be so difficult . . .


Other highlights included tripping over an adorable, small Indian boy named Herbie, who was having a serious difficulty going in the right direction and had to steered around by his older brother.  Also encountered a woman who spent the entire time calling out to her children: Starlet and Darby. um, yeah.

But the fallout of the whole trip was that I got my Florence + the Machine poster framed, which is what was really important, after all.



P.S. Also, went to the library and got way too many books.  We'll have to see how that pans out.

1 comment:

  1. I got a wicked deal with coupons and a sale at Michael's for my poster a week after the concert. I couldn't wait as long as you did to frame it. :P

    ReplyDelete